Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:21:22 AM

Author Topic: newbee  (Read 17126 times)

Re: newbee
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 07:44:57 PM »
ok i took the motors off , everything moves by hand as it should, but still won't move from Mach3.
it seems like there's not enough power coming from the stepper motor to turn the motors.
no real sure though

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 01:18:56 AM »
it is still probably a tuning issue. It was/is very frustrating getting started. Stick with it. Any pics of the machine?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 01:23:32 AM »
yeah i'm sure it is a tuning issue, and yes very frustrating lol

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 07:57:03 AM »
Is it a mill or a lathe or? It can be very frustrating but rewarding when the bulb finally goes off.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 09:18:22 AM »
did you try the 8000 steps?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 03:08:16 PM »
it's a Mill and yes i have tried 8000
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 07:34:22 PM »
Ok just an update.
i took the Z axix motor off, hooked it up to the controller and mach 3 , ran some GCodes, now it vibrates as each gcode for the z axis comes into play but the motor don't spin, so at least i know the computer is talking to the controller, i did some investigations and noticed that the step motors are some cheap ones from "Keling Technology" you can buy them for $39, so it maybe fair to say that the motors may not have enough power to turn, dunno just a thought,
any suggestions
thanks
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 10:11:21 PM »
I finally upgraded my Sieg X2 mill from Xylotex drivers, to Geckos, and I had the same
Ok just an update.
i took the Z axix motor off, hooked it up to the controller and mach 3 , ran some GCodes, now it vibrates as each gcode for the z axis comes into play but the motor don't spin, so at least i know the computer is talking to the controller, i did some investigations and noticed that the step motors are some cheap ones from "Keling Technology" you can buy them for $39, so it maybe fair to say that the motors may not have enough power to turn, dunno just a thought,
any suggestions
thanks

I updated my mini mill from Xylotex, to Geckoes and had the same problem you are describing.  My problem was that the step and direction pins were opposite of the two drives, and I had overlooked that. Once I reversed the pins, all were fine.  Can you tell us what drivers were sent with your machine?
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 10:57:04 PM »
When you say Drivers what are you meaning?
thanks
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 11:02:39 PM »
Stepper motor drivers,,,, That which the computer, stepper motors, and powersupply are all plugged into.  There may also be what's called a Breakout Board, which isolates the computer from the stepper motor drives.