Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:36:52 AM

Author Topic: Mach memory cache annoyance  (Read 15439 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Re: Mach memory cache annoyance
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »
No I don't have the driver installed. This is just my "sit in front of the TV and write code machine". I haven't checked it out on my production machine. What is your line of thinking as to why it matters?

Enough said I guess.

I'm just pointing it out because for the programmer it's probably going to be obvious why this happens (or doesn't) and just as easy to fix it.

Just trying to make Mach as good as possible by pointing out the oddities.

Sage

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 10:43:21 PM »
HMM....
Never even noticed what your saying since i always do a refresh of the screen post any change.
Must be getting old and not as observant as in my younger days!  ;D
I'll look for it now.  ;)
RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 04:20:33 AM »
Some people have reported that if they are using Mach in simulation and no driver is installed that they get weird things happening, I personally have never seen this when I deliberately deleted the driver to test. Best thing is just install the driver, it should do no harm even if you do not have anything connected to the computer, all my computers have the driver installed, even ones without a parallel port.
Let us know if it fixes it.

Hood

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 03:14:28 PM »
Well it appears to be one in the same problem that others have alreay reported i.e. the toolpath display is not always correct and needs to be refreshed.

I guess some refresh as a matter of normal operation (presumably because they see it doesn't look right) and don't think twice about the fact that it  should not be wrong in the first place.

I guess I'm just ponting out that the toolpath display is incorrect quite often.
We can all just keep pressing the button and be done with it or we can request that the programmer have a look and possibly fix a simple oversite such as forcing a refresh everytime the toopath display is activated.

Just trying to make suggestions for improvement here.

(I don't suppose anyone is compiling a list of the little bugs that get noticed from time to time ?? :-\ )

Sage
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:39:05 AM by Sage »
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 03:31:12 PM »
Well it appears to be one in the same problem that others have alreay reported i.e. the toolpath display is not always correct and needs to be refreshed.
us
I guess some refresh as a matter of normal operation (presumably becuse they see it doesn't look right) and don't think twice about the fact that it  should not be wrong in the first place.

I guess I'm just ponting out that the toolpath display is incorrect quite often.
We can all just keep pressing the button and be done with it or we can request that the programmer have a look and possibly fix a simple oversite such as forcing a refresh everytime the toopath display is activated.

Just trying to make suggestions for improvement here.

(I don't suppose anyone is compiling a list of the little bugs that get noticed from time to time ?? :-\ )

Sage

Given the massive changes being made to the basic structure of the code for the up-coming v4 release, in particular the de-coupling of the display code from the main motion code, this problem has, in all probability, already been fixed.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 05:55:14 PM »
No I don't have the driver installed. This is just my "sit in front of the TV and write code machine". I haven't checked it out on my production machine. What is your line of thinking as to why it matters?

A lot of things don't work correctly without the driver installed. When I was making a screenset and testing it on my laptop without the driver, I had numerous problems. After installing the driver, everything worked fine.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 08:38:27 AM »
That in itself is an issue. I don't suppose those items got added to the list (if there is one)?

The only way to move forward is to log all of the current issues and make steps to correct/avoid them in the future. This could actually save time in the process by not having to go back and fix problems.
BTW
A re-write doesn't guarantee correction of any of the existing issues especially if you don't know what they all are.

Sage

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:42:46 AM by Sage »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 09:14:39 AM »
Some functions need the driver to operate correctly. Just install the driver, and see if it works. My laptop isn't capable of running a machine, as the pulses are way too rough. But it works fine for testing with the driver installed.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 11:42:01 AM »
As metioned Im seeing the problem on my G-code development laptop which doesn't even have a parallel port. I don't want to bog it down with a driver that does nothing.

Enough said on this topic. I'll just keep pressing the regen button.

Sage

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 01:59:14 PM »
This has been an issue for me for more than three years on a PC dedicated and connected to my router.  The PC runs nothing but licensed Mach3 v2.63(I think).  I seem to get edits in the body of the G-code, but if I add a line forget it.  You can open the files, close the files, rename the files, shut down Mach3, run CCleaner to get rid of all temp files, reboot the computer and sacrifice a goat but that line you added will never appear.  I always figured it was an amusing little Mach3 quirk.