Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:33:03 AM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info  (Read 147383 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »
Please read Draftermans posts and go through the same steps.  If all else fails, you my need to get a new controller or at least the driver disk. Sorry I can't be much help from this end.

Lee
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2015, 07:31:28 AM »
I am using an XBox360 wired controller clone, but I cannot get Lee's excellent plugin to recognize it, even though the clone controller seems to be working fine in Windows XP SP3 with DirectX 9(c) fully installed.  The Controller box in the plugin configuration screen always comes up greyed out with None selected. 

I can input the clone's PID (0x0006) and VID (0x0079) in their respective fields, but they do not register and both come up 0x0000 the next time I open the plugin configuration screen. 

Somewhere in this thread, I have noted that it might be necessary to add these PID and VID values to the plugin itself.  How is that done?  Or, does Lee have to do that?  Alternatively, is there a work around this issue? 

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »
I believe that one or both of your numbers are not correct.  You can go here to look up the ids at:

http://www.pcidatabase.com/

You should see them in your computer Device Manager.  Once you put the correct numbers in the configuration screen and restart Mach, the plugin should recognize the controller and the numbers should appear in the configuration screen.

In your Windows Control panel, you should have an icon that allows you to test and calibrate the controller.  This comes from the Controller manufacturer or from Microsoft.  The fact that a controller may work in one game program does not mean that it works in windows since some game makers write their own internal drivers.  This is especially true of old DOS games running in Windows.

Hopefully this helps.

Lee

I am using an XBox360 wired controller clone, but I cannot get Lee's excellent plugin to recognize it, even though the clone controller seems to be working fine in Windows XP SP3 with DirectX 9(c) fully installed.  The Controller box in the plugin configuration screen always comes up greyed out with None selected. 

I can input the clone's PID (0x0006) and VID (0x0079) in their respective fields, but they do not register and both come up 0x0000 the next time I open the plugin configuration screen. 

Somewhere in this thread, I have noted that it might be necessary to add these PID and VID values to the plugin itself.  How is that done?  Or, does Lee have to do that?  Alternatively, is there a work around this issue? 
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2015, 04:42:07 PM »
Thank you, for your prompt and very comprehensive reply.  I did check the link, and I agree that the VID and PID do not seem to be listed.  That being said, Windows returned 0x0079 as the VID for my controller and 0x0006 as the PID.  See the attached screen shots which come from dxdiag and device manager. 

Any thoughts you may have would be greatly appreciated as the controller was sold on eBay as being fully xBox360 compatible.  So far, it does not seem to be. 

I apologize if this is a duplicate post.  I had trouble sending the first version of this.  I guess I am still quite new as to how this site operates. 

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2015, 04:56:48 PM »
It appears to be a non-standard controller.  The problem is probably the drivers that the manufacturer wrote for the controller. Can you calibrate it in Windows (for example in the Control Panel)?  If so, then Mach should be able to see it.  I would look around to make sure I have the latest drivers.  I do not know if this is a good site or not but here is a set of drivers:

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/device.php?hwid=USB%5CVid_0079%26Pid_0006%26Rev_0107

If it were me, I would not spend too much time working on it.  I would probably just write it off or send it back and go get a new Microsoft controller off EBay.

Sorry I can't offer more help.

Lee
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2015, 07:08:58 AM »
Hopefully this is not a repeat

I have downloaded the 360 plugin and the DirectX update
Mach3 recognizes the controller and allows configuration of the joysticks and buttons

All joysticks and buttons function as would be expected until start of the gcode, which at sometime afterwards the buttons will go inactive, however, the joysticks will continue to work

My computer is currently using XP SP3 and the controller is a MS wired unit.....Help

Regards,

PLCamp
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:10:59 AM by plcamp »

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2015, 11:38:52 AM »
When the buttons quit working, does the green light on the controller stay on?  Check and see that the buttons still work in Windows.  To do this try the following:
(I am on Windows 7) Open Control Panel - Devices and Printers. Find the Controller. right click and select Game Controller Settings. Choose properties.  You should see a window that allows you to calibrate the controller and to press the buttons to see if they work.  Do they work?  The Mach plugin does not shut the buttons down.  It does include an option to lock the controller so that nothing works until you unlock it. 

If the buttons do not work in the Windows Devices calibration screen then my guess is that the problem is related to a power saving setting either in the BIOS or in the Windows driver.  The other thing is that it could be the USB port that you have it pugged into. Try a different USB port. The other possibility is that the Controller is defective, but I doubt it.

Hope this helps.

Lee
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2015, 09:58:34 PM »
When the buttons quit working, does the green light on the controller stay on?  Check and see that the buttons still work in Windows.  To do this try the following:
(I am on Windows 7) Open Control Panel - Devices and Printers. Find the Controller. right click and select Game Controller Settings. Choose properties.  You should see a window that allows you to calibrate the controller and to press the buttons to see if they work.  Do they work?  The Mach plugin does not shut the buttons down.  It does include an option to lock the controller so that nothing works until you unlock it. 

If the buttons do not work in the Windows Devices calibration screen then my guess is that the problem is related to a power saving setting either in the BIOS or in the Windows driver.  The other thing is that it could be the USB port that you have it pugged into. Try a different USB port. The other possibility is that the Controller is defective, but I doubt it.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Lee, I believe my problem with the xbox360 controller going to sleep has been solved.  The problem was with a newer driver that I downloaded from MS and because I was not using any of the function buttons while running cutterpath the controller went into sleep mode after 30 minutes of inactivity.  I deleted the driver from MS and installed the older one and life is good again.

Please pass this tip on to others so that they my avoid the frustrations I experienced.

Thank you for your help,  PLCamp
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2015, 04:18:37 AM »
All I can say for sure is that it is not a plugin problem.  If the controller works fine on Mach Lathe, then the controller and  software are fine.  It could be Mach itself.  You may have to reinstall Mach itself. But, before doing that, I would suggest installing Mach (lockdown version not Beta) on another pc and trying it.

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2015, 01:41:08 PM »
Here is a photo of a little sign my friend made for me.  I helped convert his Shopbot Router to Mach3.  A friend of mine helped me modify my 2010 Screen Set adding several useful macros.  Used Lee's plugin and it works wonderful.

http://

John
Shopbot PRT 48 X 96  Gekco 203V drives, PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board, PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control, (2) Ea. PMDX-133 3-axis Daisy-Chainable Motherboard for Gekco 203V's, PMDX-2PARPCi Dual Parallel Port Card, Super PID Speed Controller, 2010 Screen Set, Solid State Relays for dust/coolant.