Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:06:50 PM

Author Topic: lazycam lead in  (Read 4167 times)

lazycam lead in
« on: October 03, 2009, 04:09:37 PM »
Hi All,
I took a dxf file from cnczone and in autocad reduced the size to half.  I exported as a new dxf into lazycam.  I created the code but has a long lead in (see pic, I think that is the proper term).  If I zero my rockcliffe router to the center of the y table, when I hit start, the axis move to the beginning of the lead in which greater than my table.  How to I reduce it or get the tool to start in the center or very edge of the part?  It always seems to have to start from far from the part and then have to make its way to the part.  Is there code I can use to always have the tool start in the same place on the table??

skipper

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: lazycam lead in
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 10:05:25 PM »
Skipper,
Just move the drawing in CAD such the the corner or center is at the origin ( 0,0,0) in CAD.
Save the DXF that way. When LC opens, and if you have "AS Drawn" box checked in the loading options LC will keep the original origin created in CAD. ( see page 16 section 6.2.3 in the manual ).
There are other things you can do and they are explained in the Manual.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 10:08:42 AM »
Hi Rich,
Thanks, I never would have considered doing that but it make sense.

I did not know there was a manual for LC?  I thought there were only the two video tutorials which I have seen several times.  I also thought you could down load the videos but I think I am wrong on that too.

skipper

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:41:49 AM »
skipper,
The manual is located in the Members Docs along with the files used for the tutorials.
Here is the link:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12078.msg77415.html#msg77415

RICH
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:44:27 AM by RICH »