Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:10:32 PM

Author Topic: Fanuc OT retro  (Read 19903 times)

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
Re: Fanuc OT retro
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 04:00:38 PM »
Well with regards to the parameters I can get a set for you or you can go on www.cnczone.com and get a set for Fanuc OTB.

You have to load the first few by hand to get the rs232 working and a few other things too.
The servo alarm is because you have no parameters as yet.

I have a friend who can help you out on set up etc I'll get in touch with him for you.

In reply to Melee, no need to go to steppers and redo all the i/o on the machine to get it working with Mach!
You can drip feed programmes of any length  to the control  so no need for a big memory storage.
Why go to steppers and run open loop when you have a perfectly good digital closed loop set up that will be way more accurate!
Just turn the rapids down to 25% if your worried about crashing ;)

On the tool nose radius issue, it's far easier to change it on the control. Re loading your G code file every time you want to accommodate tool tip wear can be a  real pain!! 

John
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 04:41:03 PM »
John, if you could provide me with the MSD file that would be superb.  I have the instructions on how to set the default baud rate and other steps to set the paramters.  I looked on cnczone for the OTB parameters and couldn't find it.

Regards,
Bob

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 03:01:04 AM »
Bob,

I've sent you a PM.

John.

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 03:13:28 AM »
ftomazz there will be someone on cnczone who has those parameters for the 21 control. Best to put a help request out on the Fanuc section on cnczone.

If your machine has lost position it will be as you say because the battery backed encoders you have need the batteries replacing.
The idea is that when you power down the machine the encoders use the battery to store  their position so no need to home the machine on start up.
To re set them once the batteries have been replaced, simply move each axis to a reference position of your choice and zero the machine. You could use an edge finder in the spindle to touch off on a fixture on the bed if that's easier for you.

You will have a really nice control once it's back on it's feet ;)

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 01:49:03 PM »
I have the manuals for the 21, but the parameter manual will just describe the nature of the entry for whatever machine you are working on.
You need the original OEM values.
The other problem is the 9000 option parameters, these are purchased by the MTB at build time.
These turn on things like thread milling or tapping etc.
Nosmo.
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 02:35:21 PM »
Well, I do have a "manual" in the machine. It looks quite good organized, and it is divided by:

Ladder logic
CNC parameters
Machine parameters
Part Programs

I believe that I have all in case of a severe blackout. My knowledge is very limited in Fanuc, so I will have a lot to learn.

Currently machine is all being painted (it is fully enclosed, showing it "open")
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 02:40:06 PM »
The other problem is the 9000 option parameters, these are purchased by the MTB at build time.
These turn on things like thread milling or tapping etc.
Nosmo.

Could this be the lines for example:

N09900 P 3
N09901 P 0
N09920 P 00101011

they are more os less 50 lines of N09*********

Thanks

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 03:19:27 PM »
Looks great! These are very solid machines.. :)
The 9000 parameters are not really machine specific..they do things like add soft keys on the screen and enable machining features such as helical interpolation which can be used for thread milling..of course some of the 9000 are specific to mills and some to lathes and you must have the hardwear to support some of them ie. rigid tap needs an encoder based spindle.

On later controls such as the 16 and 21i motor tuning can be done by looking up the servo motor in the Fanuc manual and inputting the parameters for that motor!

It's best to find a parameter set from the same size/type or very similar machine if you can and tweak them using the manual as reference.

John.
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 04:13:58 PM »
Could this be the lines for example:

N09900 P 3
N09901 P 0
N09920 P 00101011

they are more os less 50 lines of N09*********

Thanks
Yes, if you have those you are half way there, for eg the 9921 sets the amount of memory available!
Fanuc's method was to put all the options in the control and they are turned on when you pay for them.
Some, however do need hardware, either external or in the form of an additional card.
Nosmo.
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 12:02:04 PM »
Hey gents, I finally got the MSD file and some better instructions from Emco-Maier but haven't had time yet to try to recommission it.  Thanks for the kind offers of help, hopefully I get it going in the next few days.

Regards,
Bob