Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:38:44 PM

Author Topic: Tool probe strange behavior.  (Read 11649 times)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: Tool probe strange behavior.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »
O.K. guys....chill out and have a beer. We don't want bullets flying and somebody getting killed. I suppose everybody has their own way of doing things. I did, however, want to make sure the problem was not just on my end before it's reported as a bug, but hey..that's just me. Anyhow....Tweak, I tried your code and same problem.
Of course, I'm also totally baffled by the whole concept of probing at 75IPM.
Hey, that's what I'm here for. To baffle and amaze. Or maybe just baffle. I'm actually probing at 4ipm, but if the Z axis is taking X axis accel settings, it probably does need to be brought up. If nobody but me can reproduce the problem, then it's obvious that I have superpowers, and I can break an anvil with a feather.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

vmax549

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 06:21:10 PM »
Sam you are not the only one that has had that problem(;-)

Brian set up this BUG section just for things like you describe that way he can flush out all the old problems and get them solved once and for all.

Please continue to use this for reporting what seems to you to be a bug. IT is important to all of us.

Thanks, (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 09:15:24 PM »
Not knowing the internals of MACH how is the average user suppose to determene if it is code or bug???

Best to just let them report what they see and let others determene bug or code.
(;-) TP

RAy, most people that come here are NOT programmers or seasoned Machinist. THey are beginners learning the ropes. THe whole Idea of the BUG list was set up BY BRIAN so that users could post problems they SUSPECTED were bugs. THen others would take the problem and test it to verify the bug existed.

SO YES we NEED ALL the reports we can get in any fashion we can get them to help debug mach.

Just a some thoughts, (;-) TP

Well TP heres a thought for you, I am sick fed up of going through all the so called bugs crap that is posted daily that I have told Brian I am no longer doing it. I have suggested to Brian that you should be asked to do it as by your responses here it looks like you are more than willing to get everyone to post a bug report and have someone test it out, well you can now be the tester :)

Also to say if it works here it should not be a bug is not a good example. With the many variables involved with mach some BUGS are seen by SOME and not others depending on the setup and useage.

Yes that is a very good point and it is exactly why I asked for your xml to test out your two bug reports, they worked fine for me, shame you failed to provide the requested information.

Hood

vmax549

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 11:14:16 PM »
RObin If I had known you needed the xml file I would have sent it. I have been testing files for almost 5 years now trying to help debug mach. IF you don;t want to do it any more then DON"T do it. No problem here.

What was the point of setting up a BUG reporting sytem IF you did NOT want to do it in the first place???????

Most users have NO ideas IF what they are seeing is a BUG or not.  SO IF they never ask, then  the possible bugs will never surface.

BUT there is no problem here shut the DARN thing down and let's get on down the road. I can live with the bugs I know where most of them are and how to deal with them . OTHERS and newbies are not so fortunate.

Have a good one, (;-) TP

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 01:55:53 AM »
EGREGIOUS!!!..........  Wow I had to go look that one up Ray. ;D .....Sounds pretty bad.  ;D

Right now, it's FAR more likely a bug in the probing macros being used....

The macro that Sam is using has my fingerprints all over it.   Better let us know what the disaster is.  ;D

And I don't think I would probe at 50ipm either.  :)

Greg
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 02:06:10 AM by Greolt »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 02:49:56 AM »
RObin If I had known you needed the xml file I would have sent it.

Obviously you dont read your emails then as I sent you them the day you posted the report..

I have been testing files for almost 5 years now trying to help debug mach. IF you don;t want to do it any more then DON"T do it. No problem here.

What was the point of setting up a BUG reporting sytem IF you did NOT want to do it in the first place???????

Most users have NO ideas IF what they are seeing is a BUG or not.  SO IF they never ask, then  the possible bugs will never surface.

BUT there is no problem here shut the DARN thing down and let's get on down the road. I can live with the bugs I know where most of them are and how to deal with them . OTHERS and newbies are not so fortunate.

Have a good one, (;-) TP

The procedure should be come here or to Yahoo and ask a question if you have a problem, if it doesn't get solved then file a report. Instead people go and file a report because they don't know how to set up steps per unit, or they have problems with a SmoothStepper or whatever and your encouragement has just increased that traffic.
 Well afraid I dont have time to waste on reading and responding to all of these so called bugs, but seems like you want to so hopefully Brian will let you be the bug tester and all of them will get sent to your Inbox. Oops, wait a minute, nothing will get done, you don,t read your emails

Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 03:12:27 AM »
Hi Sam,

Sorry that the version I am using still causes the same problem. Looks like you have a bit more experimentation to do before you find the solution.

Tweakie.

btw. At your suggestion I went and had a beer (or two) anyway.  ;D
PEACE

vmax549

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 10:48:57 AM »
OH GEE HOOD I forgot you are the ONLY ONE that gets emails, MY mistake.

Looking back at the bug reports I can see why you got confused on my 2 reports they have been there since time began and I dought you did not see them. They are KNOWN bugs that everyone sees. and actually they are not really bugs but gliches. AND I was told to regester them in the bug reports so they could be handled.

SO I guess HOW you wated bugs to be handled is a SECRET???

I guess you need to WRITE a summary of exactly HOW you want bugs to be reported ??????.

I'll just leave you with it and mind my own business from now own.  (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 11:11:47 AM »
Don't worry how I want things, you are bug tester now as far as I am concerned :)

Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 10:27:57 PM »
Hey Sam, I did see this and felt your pain as well. The macro I have been using for a couple of years quit working one day after doing some testing. My self and many other posters in this topic will be kicking their self I'm afraid. It will be as plain as the nose on their face I think. I will give 1 hint................ SLEEP. LOL Tunnel vision can be a b*&#h....  ::)  If you will, try the below macro and let me know how it does.  The VB in Mach is running faster now so the sleep command will be a necessity in a lot of cases now. 

Brett

'Auto tool touch off button script
Code "G90 F" &ProbeFeed

If GetOemLed (825)=0 Then
Code "G4 P2" 'Time to get to the z-plate
Code "G31Z-5 F" &ProbeFeed
Code "G4 P0.25"
While IsMoving()
Sleep(100)
Wend
ZProbePos = GetVar(2002)
Code "G0 Z" &ZProbePos
While IsMoving ()
Sleep(100)
Wend
Call SetDro (2, PlateThickness)
Sleep(100)
Code "G4 P0.5" 'Pause for Dro to update.
Code "G0 Z0.25" 'Change the Z retract height here
Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)"
Code "F" &CurrentFeed
Else
Code "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)"
Exit Sub
End If
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!