Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:52:25 PM

Author Topic: Screen (5 ?) by JetCAM  (Read 39402 times)

ynneb

Screen (5 ?) by JetCAM
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:33:28 PM »
Art wrote in Yahoo
Hi Guys:

The people at JetCam have written a screen designer for inhouse work. They have gratiously donated it to Mach3 users who wish to use it. We'd like comments on its operation in a beta test. This designer may remain as a public utility, or may disappear, depending on how you like it , and if it does seem usefull to the people who design screens. It is quite different than the other designers, has built in help files, and works on a principle of a complete JPG type background with hidden controls and buttons to do operations. Quite friendly in my playing so far.

Let me know what you think should you decide to play. :)

Thanks,
Art
www.artofcnc.ca

Download it from here.

http://www.machsupport.com/Downloads/Editor.zip
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 05:05:54 AM by ynneb »

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
Re: Screen 5
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:32:35 PM »
Wow, looks great I like the added features.

I like the Z layering buttons and the layout.
I also like how it organizes the file structures.

I'm looking around and can't seem to find how to make an LED button?
Also is it possable to lock layers and get to another layer without having to move a layer on top of it?

I'll keep pocking around.

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 11:51:19 PM »
Its new for all of us, even Art, I guess its a bit of trial and error.
I have not spent much time on it either, but the loss of transparent PNGs is a bad thing. IMO

Offline RandomAccess

•  96 96
  • SubSurface
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 03:34:10 AM »
My name is Stan and I wrote the new MACH screen designer.
I will keep an eye on this board in order to get feedback from users and to provide any help that I can regarding the use of the software.

Kindest Regards

Stan
Download JetCam screen designer from
http://files.jetcam.net/stan/mach/

ynneb

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 04:01:15 AM »
Thanks Stan.
I will try and get all comments directed here so they can be collected in one place.
BTW didnt we meet at a BBQ recently ?

Offline RandomAccess

•  96 96
  • SubSurface
    • View Profile
Re: Screen (5 ?) by JetCAM
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 05:36:29 AM »
ynneb :
I have not spent much time on it either, but the loss of transparent PNGs is a bad thing. IMO

I'd like that too,  but it's not as simple as you'd think.  Transparency (and translucency) are handled internally by the designer engine itself in such a way that it will work with all image formats that the software can load.  This ensures that the editor works the same way for all image types.

zealouse :
I'm looking around and can't seem to find how to make an LED button?

Look in the help under the topic Screen Components.  LEDS, DROS, Panels, Labels etc. are all screen components.  The topics in that section of the manual explain how to add components to your screens.

ynneb

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 05:40:50 AM »
I'd like that too,  but it's not as simple as you'd think.  Transparency (and translucency) are handled internally by the designer engine itself in such a way that it will work with all image formats that the software can load.  This ensures that the editor works the same way for all image types.
Except that Art alread has installed Transparent PNG support into Mach3 and it is already currently working.

Offline RandomAccess

•  96 96
  • SubSurface
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 06:04:58 AM »
ynned :
Except that Art alread has installed Transparent PNG support into Mach3 and it is already currently working

Well,  I can take a look at the problem when I et some time.
What specifically is the effect that you are trying to achieve?,  and what problems are you seeing?
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 06:59:59 AM »
Hello

I've only had a quick look at the new screen designer so far and have yet to use it in anger.

From my initial impressions I think the interface is great - it feels much slicker and natural than Screen 4.

One thing I have noticed though is that opening a previous screenset some items seem 'corrupted' - DRO sliders
Also where do you enter 'hotkeys' for buttons? Is it in scancode? If so would it be possible to have a system like the current designer whereby you press the key/combination you want and it automatically enters the values in the scancode. Would it also be possible to display what the actual key combination is next to the scancode - that would make configuring pendants etc much easier as it would save ages trying to find what the codes mean.

Please keep up the good work - I am very impressed.

Cheers

Dave

Offline RandomAccess

•  96 96
  • SubSurface
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 07:23:31 AM »
davidimurray,

Look in the help in the topic Item Properties|Other Property Sheets|Function
See ScanCode,  I think this has what you are looking for.