Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:30:30 AM

Author Topic: jogging off limits not working for me.  (Read 3773 times)

jogging off limits not working for me.
« on: September 07, 2009, 03:18:16 PM »
Hi,

I have connected all limit switches in series with e-stop. I have Automatic overide on and when I hit a limit, I cannot jog off the limit.

I have all limits energizing a relay back at the control. (G540) then locally wiring into e-stop. The limits are working and dropping the relays. I have no noise issues. I never get an e-stop until I hit my E-stop button or limit switches.

Any ideas?

I am still using trial Mach3. Is this the issue? I plan on buying Mach3 once I figure I can get everything working on my machine.

Thanks,

Bob
Re: jogging off limits not working for me.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 03:19:17 PM »

As I understand it, if I have automatic overide on when I hit a limit switch all I have to do is hit reset and jog off, but it doesn't work.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 03:55:54 PM »
Does the Reset stay off or does it come back on again when you try to Jog off?
Hood
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 04:05:19 PM »
Hi,

I have connected all limit switches in series with e-stop. I have Automatic overide on and when I hit a limit, I cannot jog off the limit.

I have all limits energizing a relay back at the control. (G540) then locally wiring into e-stop. The limits are working and dropping the relays. I have no noise issues. I never get an e-stop until I hit my E-stop button or limit switches.

Any ideas?

I am still using trial Mach3. Is this the issue? I plan on buying Mach3 once I figure I can get everything working on my machine.

Thanks,

Bob

Do you literally have limits and E-Stop connected together?  If so, this is unnecessary at best, and undesirable at worst.  Mach will stop *all* axes as soon as *any* limit is triggered.  Once you trigger a limit, can you get Mach out of E-Stop?  If not, you won't be able to jog off the limit.  The series-connected limit switches should be connected to an input, and that input should be configured in Config->Ports&Pins for ALL limits.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 04:57:34 PM »
OK, I'll try that.

When it hits limit I can't get it off E-stop condition, obviously because the e-stop is triggered. I hear alot of guys saying they are using limits with e-stop so I wired it that way. I have a G540 so I only have 4 inputs. I guess I will use one of them now.

I'm going to rewire it and see.

Thanks,

Bob
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
That works.

Thanks guys!!!