Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:43:27 AM

Author Topic: G code needed  (Read 38442 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: G code needed
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 02:22:43 AM »
Hi Robert,

Ahh the quirks of LCam and the way the toolpaths are created. It would need a bit of work to optimize.
In the meantime try this GCode - scale it to your requirements using the DRO Scales as it is again in mm.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 12:02:01 PM »
Hi Tweakie: Before I attempt anything I have downloaded this one thank you, But Im wondering since I can not open it in lazy cam and I don't know how to down scale it in mach mill. how do I do it any sujestions? I appriciate your pationts. LOL. Im waiting for your help again.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 12:24:28 PM »
Hi Robert,

Next to the DRO for each axis is it's 'Scale DRO'.
They are currently all set to 1.0000 - clicking on one highlights it, typing in 0.5 and pressing return then makes that axis 1/2 size, (0.25 = 1/4 size) etc.
Clicking on 'Toolpath' screen button and then 'Regen Toolpath' button will show the new dimensions in the 'Program Limits' box, change screen back to 'Program Run' screen and readjust scales as necessary.
You will be an expert before you know it  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 01:48:51 PM »
I got it yeah Twweakie:::---))) I got it and cut it Im trying to post the picture for you to see. all is good except for the letters which disappeared after the program kept triming them down. hehehe but its ok.
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »
How can I load a picture here
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 02:37:05 PM »
My self made machine:-)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 02:54:00 AM »
Nothing wrong with self made machines Robert.  ;)

Looks like you have rounded the tops of the letters which would suggest that your motor tuning settings need adjustment. Try increasing the acceleration and reducing the velocity (small adjustments each time and try the result). Reducing the overall feedrate may help. The problem would be sorted by operating in 'exact stop' mode (general config - select exact stop as opposed to constant velocity) but this would slow the progress of the overall work quite considerably.

Something else you may be interested in is this online utility for scaling GCode. http://www.eng-serve.com/cnc/gcode_scale.html
(By scaling 25.4 it will convert mm to inch).

I think we probably all learn by tweaking everything until it can be tweaked no more.  ;D

Tweakie.

btw. Good work on the HD logo, it's early days yet.
PEACE
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »
Hello Tweankie.cnc :-) check out my latest cut. I haD to fiddel around with some stuff untill I can get this cut. Let me know what you think. It still isn't perfect but close. Regards Robert. Oh by the way where are you from? US. or Canada.
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 09:35:55 PM »
I cant upload it I keep getting an error massage: well, maybe some other time

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2010, 02:33:58 AM »
Hi Robert,

Try using a different file name for your picture upload (a name that has not been used already on the forum) then it should work.

I am from the UK.

Tweakie.
PEACE