Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 09:42:13 AM

Author Topic: G code needed  (Read 38491 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: G code needed
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 08:44:02 AM »
Dumb beginner,
You are never to old to learn something new. Don't be overwhelmed by all that you read.
The best thing i could recommend to someone is that they spend some time with a CAD program and learn to
to draw something. Even with the most advanced CAD programs the average user probably only uses 5 %  of the capabilities. It's just a learning curve and it is never ending.  Once you can draw something in CAD than a lot of doors
open allowing you choice of what and how to do something.
The problem with CNC is that includes Computers, mechanical, electronics, software, machining, etc which covers a lot of territory and is related. You don't need to be knowledgeable in all and getting a flavor of them to get by will come with time.

Maybe take a CAD course at night at the local college for a few bucks, hey, i heard that the class is filled with only the most beautiful gals, so even if you don't learn anything, the eyesight will improve........ ;D
RICH
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 06:21:31 PM »
Hey Rich thanx for the encouragement, I have a Cad 2002 and photoshop. Today I gave it a try again. I just wrote few letters in cad and saved it. and try to open in lazy cam, but guess what lazy cam is so lazy that it won't open it. and I tried the Text program within the lazy cam, until I write and drag it into the box everything is OK. but when I want to post the g code in to my mill to start cutting I get a totally different picture or just part of all the letters. I even tried just 1 letter and still can't do it. excuse the comment but I think my lazy cam is more stupid than I. LOL. But i won't give up. I think I have to find someone here in LA. to show me 1 on 1. how to do the simple set up, and after that I think I can take steps. I thank you for your concern. and plz keep helping me. I have to  learn this mysterious knowledge. LOL. write soon plz or I might go jump in the toilet and flush myself into the sewer. LOL hahaha. just a little jock.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 07:23:22 PM »
Hey Dumb beginer,
Good grief that greeting almost seems sarcastic...  ;D

Anyway, there is a manual for Lazycam in the members docs and it has 7 tutorials which you can do along with step by step instructions. No need for CAD as there are  DXF files for the tutorials which can be downloaded.

In fact take a look at the documents in there for nightime reading and education.

LOL,
RICH

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 07:46:23 PM »
Rich thnx for the help I shall definitely give it a serious try Thank you again for the help.
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 08:28:06 PM »
Well Friends: This is my opinion about the lazy cam. I have gone through all of the manual and studied all there is. and I think that LC. is the most primitive and stupid program which is not done by professionals and shouldn't even be allowed to be in the market. It cant even produce a simple phrase in text program it can only create 50 lines of G code. I give up and good luck to whom ever is waisting their time.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 09:06:25 PM »
You certainly have a right to your opinion and it's respected.

I present to you the following challenge:

Find a basic CAM program for the mill and lathe ( so this also includes Lazyturn ) which has a good manual, excellent knowledgeable support, and provides the level of CAM capability directly into Mach for the same or lower cost of the License.

What say you?  ;)

RICH
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
I have to agree with you Rich. I can't count the thousands of hours and dollars that I have saved using Lazy Cam. For the price I will gladly weed out a few crop circles and manualy change when peck drilling.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »
Off subject stevehuck, but, Meleey posted some nice macros for peck drilling, so all you need to do is add a few lines of code for the drilling and not do all that stuff that is in the manual.
RICH
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 10:17:38 PM »
I see it like this,
New CAR ... $30,000.00         New car ...... with a few quirks...98.5% OFF     $450.00   Not bad, I'm a mechanic and can make it work.
New CAM ..... $5000.00         New LazyCam with a few quirks...98.5% OFF     $75.00     DITTO + more $ left for tools....and beer.
Russ
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 10:21:42 PM »
Rich: I have to admit that, I love the powerfull way of your vocabulary to bombard ones inelegance: LOL. Thanks again for the extended help I shall try your wise suggestions by all means. But would you kindly also direct me in finding a base cam program from any link or provider in order to make my journey short? I would really appreciate the help. I admire your persistence towards helping people like me. Many regards again: Robert.