Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:06:06 PM

Author Topic: G code needed  (Read 38186 times)

Re: G code needed
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 10:40:09 PM »
Question please: Why can't my Lasy Cam post the G codes More than 50 lines. is there a button I have to press when loading the G code. Help please.
:-(((((

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 11:53:04 PM »
Robert,
Wat da ya expect from a coal craken Lithvac.......yuse guys haven't read nuttin yet......... ;D

base cam program from any link or provider in order to make my journey short

I am going to guess that there are probably 100 CAD programs for drawing something from free to a lot of cost.
Then there are probably 50 CAM programs out there some of which are free / limited   to very expensive.

How about forgetting about all of that stuff and use the 50 wizards for generating the code to machine something.
Cad and CAM come into play when you start to do more complex shapes. So you can learn a whole lot by just playing with and using the wizards for no cost other than time.

Try Autocad light,you can buy a Light version for under $50 now. Then use LazyCam, because it's free until you want to do advanced stuff like offsets. pocketing, etc then you need to spend $80?, and by the time you outgrow it you will know what you want out of a CAM program. So for a $130= 3 good quarts of scotch= 2 carton of cigarretes = 5 cases of beer....  and you will be healthier using the software. Maybe not happier.  ;D The CAD and LazyCam ( hey, you may add a lathe and you'll have the software to generate the code for it). The CAD is just one of those growing pains  which when learned  will open up a new world for CNC.

So i seldom recommend, but always say, try it out if you like, if it's your cup of tea then enjoy it.

There is no magic wand short cut on the cnc journey. Just enjoy the learning curve following what you like to do.

CLick the links button above. Surf the web, type in cnc machining.

When you start trying to learn or try  numerous programs all you end up doing is learning the limitations and quirks of each software and not having fun. You can spend  hours fooling with them all, they all have quirks, it's just a matter of degree. 

BTW, Lazycam is limited to 50 lines if you are not a licensed MAch3 user....so the manual says. ;)

RICH
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 12:20:34 AM »
Hey Rich: you are an angel. :-)))) You just opened my eyes. I have been fooling around with an unlicensed LC. and Mach. which I had downloaded for free. and not realizing that it can only deliver 50 lines. That was my problem so far. I have learned the basics of mach and LC. by just being curious, and studying some instructions from the manual. Of course I still don't understand most of the abbreviations like, they are presented in the program. and don't know what they mean but I keep trying and learning by true and fouls system. but I shall purchase the full version and I think I can get my Router to cut few things for me, then I shall proceed to dive into deeper levels of programing as I enjoy rewards towards the efforts. you are owsem, keep up the good work and I am your sincere friend for a long time. thank you again for the good help. Robert from California. ;-).
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 12:12:12 PM »
Off subject stevehuck, but, Meleey posted some nice macros for peck drilling, so all you need to do is add a few lines of code for the drilling and not do all that stuff that is in the manual.
RICH

All i do is change the 81 to 83 and add the Q factor. Is there an easier way?

BTW, I'm very new to CNC so I don't know what a macro is or does. But I am learning!!
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 11:36:34 PM »
Hello friends: Does anyone have a Harlly Davidsons LOGO ready to cut for a router? I need one for my office. Please tel me where can I find one.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 03:19:42 AM »
Hi Robert,

I can create the GCode for this one if you let me know the finished size and depth of cut you require also the tool diameter you intend to use.
Not sure if this is the logo you require though.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 10:11:58 PM »
Hey, yeah Tweakie.CNC : you are the man. This is exactly what I'm looking for. OK, Here It is. Tool Depth 1/16" Tool Diam. 1/8" Dremel bit. and the finished size 10"X6 OK? or can be anything. I can probably change that by Lazy cam, can't I ? If not then 8"X4" would be just fine. I appreciate your help tweakie. I hope I can return the favours in someway, someday when I grow up in the CNC world of knowledge I'm learning fast. hehe. Now I can actually cut things, while only a week ago I couldn't even understand a word of CNC terms. Oh and I am building a new machine from all aluminium and a 4' X 8' size, so I can cut larger items. I love the CNC world now. Thanx for all the help you have given me.talk to you soon and keep up the good work. bye 4 now. Robert.
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 10:16:28 PM »
Oh tweakie By the way: just the dxf file for the logo should be enough I think; don't you think so?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 02:29:21 AM »
OK Robert you are quite right this is the only way to learn.

Here is the DXF, it was produced in millimeter units but you can scale it to your requirements. Takes a couple of minutes to load in LazyCam. You will need the licensed version of Mach because it is a large file but see what you can make of it and let me know if you have any problems.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »
Hi Tweakie.CNC : I thank you for the favour again. I saved the DXF file and unziped it and opened with the lazy cam and posted the G code very good so far.
I started cutting and I noticed that the Z axis keeps going up and down all the time and I don't understand why. All I want to do is to engrave the logo on a peace of ( Birds eye Maple ). But I am getting defferent depths which I don't want. have I done something wrong? PLZ direct me. thanx. Robert ::)