Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:56:10 AM

Author Topic: Can I use Suqiang SN2000 Serial Servo motor drive with Mach3  (Read 14887 times)

Can I use Suqiang SN2000 Serial Servo motor drive with Mach3
« on: September 06, 2009, 09:07:58 AM »
Hello,
          I have two pairs of Suqiang SN2000 Serial Servo motor drive and motor. I have a plan to change my conventional lathe machine to CNC machine with this driver and motor. I want to change this with Mach3 cnc control software. So, I want to know that can I use this drive and Mach3 software? Mach3 Software generates the "Step" and "Direction" signal to drive the servo motor. So, is Suqiang Drive accpet "Step" and "Driection" signal? I have no experience about servo
drive. This is my first experience. Please inform me can I use or not this drive with Mach3 software. Please tell me which pins that I connect for step and direction if it is possible. I am looking forward
your reply. Thank.....
This drive link is:
http://www.sqsk.cn/en/productshow.asp-showid=73.html

The following link is for this SERVO DRIVER-SN2000 manual.

http://www.sqsk.cn/en/SERVO%20DRIVER-SN2000.pdf

Please tell me connection diagram between Parallel port and drive if you are OK. I hope someone will help me.

High Tech Key
Reply Wit
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 09:14:04 AM by hightechkey »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Can I use Suqiang SN2000 Serial Servo motor drive with Mach3
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »
Yes they take Plus/Sign which is another name for Step/Direction. I dont have time to go through the manual at the moment but it is showing it takes differential signals, it may be happy with single ended signals that the parallel port will put out but if not a line driver would do that job and is cheap enough.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 10:12:12 AM »
Dear Hood
         Thank you very much for your reply. Do you mean Plus for step and Sign for direction. Am I only connect this pin with parallel port pin using breakout board.  I am very glad to hear this. Thank again....

High Tech Key

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 06:11:10 PM »
Yes thats correct, still not had a chance to look right through the manual but it seems from first glance that you can set the parameter PA 14  to 1 and that will allow you to use single ended inputs.

So looks like Step pin to Pin 18, Dir to Pin 19 on CN1

Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 09:13:19 AM »
Dear Hood
        Thank for your reply. I don't understand to set PA 14 to 1 for single ended input. I have no experience with servo drive. Please explain more details. I see 2 pins for Plus and 2 Pins for sign. Which pin can I use? Can I use only 18 and 19 pin for step and direction as you reply. Thank...

High Tech Key

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 09:28:11 AM »
Differential signals have a positive and at the same time an exact opposite negative pulse. It helps to combat the effects  of electrical  noise.

The parallel port will only put out a positive  pulse so that is what is called single ended, you can get a line driver which will output an opposite to the pulse that is input to it as well as passing the original thus making the signal differential. It is preferable to do that as noise is less of a problem but probably wont be needed.

PA 14  (Parameter 14) is a parameter in the drive, you can set it to 1, 2 or 3.  1 seems to be to set the drive so that it accepts single ended signals.

Had a glance through some of the other parts of the manual and there is much more info about the pulse/Sign  signals later on so best to read all that first before you wire anything up as there was mention of resistors needed, the value of which is dependant on your voltage and also whether its single ended or differential.

Hood
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 09:55:40 AM »
Thank you for your explaining. Now, I understand a lot. I will read manual carefully and wiring the drive. I will ask more questions if I see some difficulty.

High Tech Key
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »
Dear Hood
        I have been read Suqiang SN 2000 manual book. Now, I draw the connection diagram for one axis servo system with Mach3 control. I upload this drawing and please advice me it may be work or not. I hope it can be work. I use EL817 photocoupler for opto isolation between parallel port and servo driver. I read from manual that this drive can input single phase or three phase 220 VAC. So, I input single phase 220VAC.  I want to know about my input power is single phase and servo motor using U, V, W 3 phases power. Is it OK or not? Please explain me about this power system.
        Will I need Alarm Clear (Pin 9 in CN1) and Deviation Clear (Pin 23 in CN1)? I think it is not so important. I also want to know about output pins from Servo Drive (Servo Ready, Servo Alarm, Position Complete, etc). Do I need to use with mach3 system for output pins from servo driver. How can I connect with mach3 if I want to use this output pins? I hope you can advice me about this system. Thank a lot...

High Tech Key             

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 04:33:24 PM »
I have not looked at the manual again but the wiring looks like it will be fine.
 Couple of things, first the enable would be better connected to Mach. Because it is 12v you will need to use a relay with a 5v coil and use Mach to switch the relay. Mach has several Enable outputs but I just use one for all drives.

Alarm Clear can either be connected to an output from mach via a relay or you could just fit a switch on your panel to operate it independent of Mach.

Servo Alarm would be best connected to Mach. To do this you would have a relay operated from each drives alarm signal and the contacts of these relays in series so that only one input to Mach is needed. You then set this up as Input1 and enable the Input 1 option on General config page in MACH. That will mean if any of your drives fault Mach will stop motion and also disable the other drives.

Hood
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 10:28:38 AM »
Dear Hood,
      Thank for your reply. I want to know about input pin for Servo Alarm. I enable Input #1 at Port and Pin. Then I use port1 pin13 for input pin. I test this pin with external input button. But it is not work anything. I test this button for limit switch and estop switch input. This perfectly work. How can I do for using servo alarm input? I think I will do some setting for Input #1. Please advice me.
      I also want to know about OEM Trig for input signals. I enable and set the pin, port number for OEM Trig. Then I go to System Hotkey and set for OEM code. Where can I find OEM code for cycle start, stop, estop and etc. Thank a lot....

High Tech Key