Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:51:49 PM

Author Topic: E-STOP Mechatronics Controller  (Read 10918 times)

Re: E-STOP Mechatronics Controller
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 07:41:37 PM »
Hmmm-  Is the Diag page LED light still lit while the button is pressed?  what's the story with your button?  Is it a momentary or is it maintained?  What pin are you using?  Is anything else misconfigured to use that same pin?  A little more info please!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 08:38:33 PM »
Diag page never lights led. The button is maintained. I'm using pin #10 now. It says external e-stop requested in the status line. I'm only using pin #17 to turn on my spindle. Every other pin that is not being used is disabled. WOW can't be that hard to setup.
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 09:59:38 PM »
Hey Now!  Let's not get down & discouraged!  

I think your problem is that you are using Pin 17 for your Router.  Usually Pin 17 is reserved for the charge pump signal.  Try putting your router on Pin 16.

IMO- this is not entirely a Mach 3 config problem.  The Mechatronics controller manual is not very clear/thorough in explaining how to wire up your system, so you are left to guess.  Not really your/Mach's fault.  Mach is designed to be used with a myriad of controllers/BOBs and is flexible enough (configuration wise) do deal with most of them (including yours).

Bottom line..."Easy-Cnc.com" ISN'T very easy

HTH,
Sid
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:03:57 PM by sshneider »
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 11:37:19 PM »
Not discouraged at all . . .  just frustrated. . .  I will change from pin 17 to pin 16.  I know it's not a mach 3 problem cause I have used mach3 for about 2 years with no problems. Now the e-stop with a new machine. With the help from  the forum we'll GET-ER-DONE. :)  Yes Easy-cnc does suck . . . .  no help at all e-mailed, no response.  I thank you here because it's the only help I've gotten so far. 
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 12:47:45 PM »
Moved router from 17 to 16 same results.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 01:27:06 PM »
Can you please post your XML file
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 01:58:25 PM »
There you go. Had to rename it.
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »
Just noticed now while playing with it, if I hit the e-stop then click the reset button wait a couple seconds and pull e-stop back out, it will trip external e-stop again.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 11:50:24 AM »
I looked at tthe XML and it looks OK.  Ot this point, basecd on your last post, I'm thinking there is something 'Funkaroo' with your E-Stop Button.  Do you have an OhmMeter?  Can you check the Button (with the power off) to give us a better idea of what's going on there?

We are looking for continuity between 2 terminals on your button UNTILL it is pressed (maintained) then it should be open.
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 12:00:54 PM »
The e-stop rings out fine.