Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:37:06 AM

Author Topic: E-STOP Mechatronics Controller  (Read 10855 times)

Re: E-STOP Mechatronics Controller
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »
Well, I gotta say this is becoming a 'stumper'...

1.  Estop button triggers a reset but does not light up the LED on the Diagnostic Screen=Not Normal.  This is really troubling because you should always be able to see an ON SCREEN LED when a switch is triggered.  Do you have any other buttons/switched you can connect to your BOB to see if you can get a LED to light up on this screen?
2.  Estop Button does not maintain the Estop signal to the BOB/computer and allows you to reset eventhough it is engaged=Not Normal
3.  Estop button seems to be functioning normally
4.  Seems Like Mach is configured and functioning OK with every other than E-stop

It points to Hardware/wiring

A. Bad BOB Hardware
B. Bad PP Cable from Computer to BOB do you have another cable you can try?

Sorry but...I'm startin to run out of ideas- I'll keep thinking though
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 05:15:46 PM »
Will report back after trying all ideas.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 05:19:18 PM »
Is your E-Stop a normally open switch?
Hood
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 05:33:03 PM »
Normally closed.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 05:41:28 PM »
Would have expected to see an active High with a NC but maybe your BOB is different from the the ones I have used.
Hood
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 12:32:07 AM »
Hood my good man!  Thanks for jumping in! 

Why would you expect to see Active High on an E-Stop which is NC?  Maybe I am confused?  In my mind NC means signal is constantly passing through the switch right?  Thus Signal (High) is constantly being fed to the BOB which should be in a NON Active state UNTILL the ESTOP is pressed, breaks the signal loop, goes LOW which in turn would trigger the Reset.  To me this means Estop is active when there is NO PRESENCE of signal (Active Low) Or am I missing something here?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 05:05:12 AM »
This gets me more confused than anything else I know but basically if you have Mach set up without an E-Stop connected (similar idea to a NO switch) then you will need to change the E-Stop setting to Active Low. If you have a NC  E-Stop  switch connected then you set it Active High or at least that is the case for my Lathe, Mill, Coil Winder, Desktop( with nothing connected to PP).

Hood
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
OK, I unhooked e-stop with wires just hanging in the air. Put wirenut on them and then unhooked them. This was done with active low checked, same results as before. E-stops all but can reset without putting them back together. So I did it with active high and justs blinks external e-stop requested and can't reset no matter what. So button is out of equation. Now checked voltage from parrallel port and it is only 3.97. Read on here somewhere if opto isolated it is looking for 0-3.3V. Could voltage be to low and not making it go high? I'm using a desktop to clarify. Also printer cable is brand new.
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 07:31:27 PM »
Disregard last post, it's fixed. That will teach me that a input isn't always at 0V to start. Input 10,11,12 hang at 3.97V. While input 13,15 hang at .56V. So how I see it you need to give 10,11,12 a low and 13,15 a high. This is on my puter don't know what others need. But anyway thanks a million for all the help, really really appreciated. ;D
                                                                                                                      Mike