Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:38:30 AM

Author Topic: E-STOP Mechatronics Controller  (Read 10913 times)

E-STOP Mechatronics Controller
« on: September 04, 2009, 07:31:37 PM »
I'm using a Mechatronics 3 axis controller. I'm trying to get my e-stop to work but nothing is working. E-stop has 2 NC contacts which one set shuts down the spindle and the other is to tell Mach3 to stop. The spindle shuts down but Mach3 still runs. Any help would be appreciated.
                                          Mike
Re: E-STOP Mechatronics Controller
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 07:36:30 AM »
Have you configured your E-stop button in the 'ports & pins' page?  Is it enabled?  Correct pin selected?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 10:50:48 AM »
Yes, port 1, pin 15 but if I don't put a check in the active low column I can't reset. Either way the e-stop does nothing.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 11:37:36 AM »
I looked at the manual for this controller and sadly there is not 1 note about how to connect an E-Stop button.  This is a major oversight IMO.  Regardless, I have usually seen PIN 10 Used for E-stop.  Not sure why but it seems to be a standard.  Can you try swapping things around and put your button on 10 and configure as such?

HTH,
Sid

P.S.  Active Low is OK/Normal
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 11:49:49 AM »
I already tried pin 10, same results. Also have e-mail to Mechatronics but thought I would try here also to see if anyone else has ran into this before.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 11:54:41 AM »
If you go to the diagnostics page in Mach- can you see the on screen LED light up when you trigger your E-Stop Button??  If Not then you are not getting 5V back to the BOB
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »
No light. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have a wire from pin 25 to one terminal on e-stop, then other wire from other terminal on e-stop back to pin 15.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 12:19:36 PM »
OK- there's your problem.  It looks like the limit switches are using a terminal marked COM (Common)-please confirm!.  Looks to me like you need to

Go from Common---> E-stop
E-Stop ----> Pin 10 or Pin 15.

See attached drawing!

Then you should get a light on the Diagnostics page and all should be good
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 02:24:20 PM »
Yes limits use com. I will give that a try and let you know if it works.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 06:35:18 PM »
Ok it now works but once e-stop is pushed and I hit the reset button I can go on without pulling e-stop button back out.