Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 03:28:26 PM

Author Topic: Chains and entities question  (Read 25417 times)

Re: Chains and entities question
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 02:25:22 PM »
V14 is as far back as Alibre will let me go for DXF.
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 02:53:40 PM »
I would like to thank all those who helped. I have decided that manual milling is the way for me. For whatever reason my hardware/software wont do what yours will. I give up!

You guy's are awesome for hanging in there with me!!

Steve

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 03:23:36 PM »
steve

maybe your l-cam install was a bad one. do a uninstall and download a fresh copy of 3.00.2
your close, dont worry about the mule just keep on driving.

bill

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 03:44:53 PM »
I had a problem about a few weeks ago and tried that. It did'nt help solve the problem.

vmax549

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 05:34:34 PM »
I think you fellows are missing the point Steve is trying to make(;-)   LCAM "should" have been able to do the simple pocketing required WITHOUT having to resort to MAGIC MONKEY dust to get it to work. THere is NOTHING complicated in his drawing that I saw. He was NOT trying to redraw the part in Lcam just do the simple pocketing.

Steve just for the record I can't get it to work here either(;-) at your scale.

Large arc small arc an arc is an arc.  The math involved is all the same. (;-)

THese are just some of the problems that PLAGUE newbees trying to use LCAM so they can "USE"  MACH.

(;-) TP

(;-0 TP

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »

Steve just for the record I can't get it to work here either(;-) at your scale.

For the record, I cant get it to work at any scale. I have worked with it at 4X, 10X, 16X, and it simply will not pocket the center of the inner oval and leave the ribs as islands. Using Doc's file it will do everything that I wanted.

Hey Doc, did you use my dxf (v14) file or did you convert mine to another version of dxf (V12) before working with it? There has to be a reason it works everywhere but here.

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »
steve

i used your file. the step by step is exactly how i did it.did not move any chains or alter them. it went real easy.
maybe it might be a graphic card thing. uninstall your card,shut down computer cold,let it reinstal the card. check for a driver update.
like you say it might be something else. do you have another computer you can try.

vmax there is a lot of things wrong with l-cam and the math is a big part of it. art said when he gets lathe done he is going to clean l-cam up and merge them.
l-cam does run better on more modern computers with better graphics cards. but that does not fix  the program.

bill
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
steve

i used your file. the step by step is exactly how i did it.did not move any chains or alter them. it went real easy.
maybe it might be a graphic card thing. uninstall your card,shut down computer cold,let it reinstal the card. check for a driver update.
like you say it might be something else. do you have another computer you can try.

vmax there is a lot of things wrong with l-cam and the math is a big part of it. art said when he gets lathe done he is going to clean l-cam up and merge them.
l-cam does run better on more modern computers with better graphics cards. but that does not fix  the program.

bill

I can try the computer in the garage that actually runs the mill. Lcam is installed out there. I'll try it right now!

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2009, 07:46:45 PM »
steve and vmax

i forgot to mention that if you have trouble with a dxf ,post it up here with a description and the tool. we will try to get you a good l-am file back that you can use.
everybody is in the same boat with l-cam until the rewrite.

bill

vmax549

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 08:14:33 PM »
HECK right now I can't even download a fresh copy of the DXF. Windows refuses to recongnise the DXF extension on the download.

Time to call it a day I think, (;-) TP