Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 06:55:03 PM

Author Topic: hvac software  (Read 2692 times)

hvac software
« on: September 03, 2009, 02:18:22 AM »
Hello. Can anyone advise on a specific hvac (tubes, curves - conduct industry) software for plasma cutting under 600 usd ?

Thank you,
Filipe

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: hvac software
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 06:08:17 AM »
Filipe,
I am not sure what you want. There is Design software out there, that based on a routing, will give you the detailed duct drawings ( not sure if some of them will then take the iso and then convert  it to sheet metal layout).
Some will even size your ducting. That said some of them were add ons for CAD programs like AutoCad or Microstation but they work with the high end products of 3D. At Work we use high end design managment tools that do all that but a single monthly seat is more than that.
RICH
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 06:26:33 AM »
Basically, we need a library with parts that the user only needs to inform on the measures of the conduct he needs to make. Then the parts are automatically calculated and exported like dxf, or the software should post the gcode. This is the minimum that I would expect from such a software.
As an example: If I need a square reduction from 10"x5" to 8"to 3", all parts needed to produce that reduction should be automatically calculated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:28:45 AM by ftomazz »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 06:37:10 AM »
If the design is done to SMACNA shouldn't a lot of the vendor stuff / CAD downloads of their parts do?
Maybe someone who does HVAC fabrication can be of more help. I deal in pounds per hour. ;)

BTW, if your in buisness, then some bucks to be competative is a drop in the bucket, if you want to exist!
RICH