Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:30:14 AM

Author Topic: Just got a lathe to retrofit  (Read 177990 times)

Hood

Re: Just got a lathe to retrofit
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2007, 04:33:26 PM »
Nope not me, rich relations are from Corstorphine but world of difference 5 miles can make anyway LOL
 BTW you dont get fish and chips in Arbroath, you only get a single or a supper.
Hood
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2007, 07:22:08 PM »
Very cool on the touch screen! I bet that makes using Mach a breeze.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm assuming a Fifer is a form of musician (and not a derogatory term!!) ?? FWIW, I love bag pipes *and* fish and chips :)

This guy I'll be traveling to London with served in the Army there some years ago. He always makes me watch the drum and bugle (?) competitions held there (big castle). (which I really enjoy, too)

Mark
Don't try to outwierd me, six eyes. I get stranger things than you in my breakfast cereal.

Hood

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2007, 07:49:28 PM »
Nope a fifer is a big ugly %$^&* that comes from Fife (Kingdom of) in Scotland ;)
Have a touch screen on the mill and it certainly makes life easier :)
Hood

EDIT
 Oh and you never tasted a fish supper until youve had one from Arbroath, just ask the Fifer, oops I mean West Lothian person ;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 07:51:38 PM by Hood »
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2007, 08:34:20 PM »
Hood reckons you cannot get fish and chips in Arbroath so could he please explain what a fish supper is please.I know you can get pillocks in Carnoustie.

Mark (who`s only ugly when he`s not standing next to Hood)

Hood

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2007, 10:06:26 PM »
ha ha, well that just proves it, only Fifers and Sassenachs call it Fish and Chips, then again a Fifer is a sassenach ;)
Hood (whos not deluded)

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2007, 05:36:02 PM »
Oh c'mon Hood you're racing ahead LOL.   Damn wish I could get these jobs out of the way so I can play too, but those annoying customers keep giving me more work.

What touch screen you using?   I thought about them, but my hands always seem to be dripping in coolant these days, how well do they work in a real workshop enviroment?

I'm trying to get sometime next week to get the Hardinge's upper enclosure grit blasted ready for powder coating.

Wayne....

Hood

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2007, 07:51:50 PM »
On the mill I have a samsung syncmaster with a touch screen addon panel but the one for the Lathe is an ELO Kiosk screen. The ELO is sealed so it will definitely be OK but saying that I have never had problems with the one on the mill.It gets really covered in oil and coolant from my fingers and all that happens is once it gets too smeared to see the buttons I give it a wipe with a cloth ;)
 Resistive screens are supposed to be the best and capacitive are supposed to be avoided, I have a capacitive one on the mill and its never given me a problem. The good things about the capacitive is they have glass fronts so are hard wearing, the resistive ones have a flexible surface like a normal TFT. The ELO is a different technology (SAW) which is somthing to do with sound waves I think, it too has a glass panel but it can be used with a gloved hand or a soft stylus where the mills capacitive cant.
Hood

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2007, 07:28:55 PM »
I bought a 17" LCD for my Anilam retro, got a touchscreen kit.  Can't get the darn thing to work.  Lotsa settings & I don't have a clue.
There is no approved dental use for WD40

Hood

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »
I bought a 17" LCD for my Anilam retro, got a touchscreen kit.  Can't get the darn thing to work.  Lotsa settings & I don't have a clue.

In what way? cant get the screen to work at all or cant get it to work with the anilam control? Is it a USB or serial touch screen? Got a link to info on the screen? Does the Anilam run under a windows environment or its own OS or is it not even PC based?
Hood

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2007, 07:46:51 PM »

In what way? cant get the screen to work at all or cant get it to work with the anilam control? Is it a USB or serial touch screen? Got a link to info on the screen? Does the Anilam run under a windows environment or its own OS or is it not even PC based?
Hood

Not connected to the Anilam.  Just sitting here on my desk. It's a USB.  Got it on Ebay, the guy sells a lot of them one at a time.  Here's a link to Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Touchscreen-Touch-Screen-Panel-Kit-for-17-LCD-Display_W0QQitemZ250068727895QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3697QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Anilam is 1980's vintage.  Not PC based.
There is no approved dental use for WD40