Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:17:09 PM

Author Topic: Plugged in to machine........New problem.  (Read 4464 times)

Plugged in to machine........New problem.
« on: August 09, 2009, 09:02:17 PM »
Well, I decided to start a new thread.  I'm coming fresh off of this one.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12134.0.html

I talked to Chip on the phone, (Thanks Chip) and decided that I should pluyg the thing in and go for a try ;).

The first thing I noticed is that none of my limits, estop, or homes were lit under the diagnostics tab.  Good right?  So, I decided that I should trigger the limits and see that they throw me into an emergency state.  They do not.  With the parallel unplugged they do.  Everything is lit.  Why would they not light up?  Furthermore, there is no motor movement, but they are llocked and cannot be turned by hand.

This is the package I have:
http://www.kelinginc.net/ThreeXCNCPackage2.html

Like I said the wierd thing is that when unplugging the parallel cable from the control box, my switches all light up on the diagnostics tab.  So, they are grounding somewhere?   That being said, should my motors not be turning?

Thanks in Advance.
Rooney

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Plugged in to machine........New problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:14:43 PM »
Hi, Rooney

Change the Active Low state on your Ports & Pins, Inputs page and re check the wiring, try it again.

Edit: His 5 volt supply is out.

Chip
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 11:37:06 PM by Chip »
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 08:52:48 AM »
Thanks Chip,

Was gonna edit, but you beat me to it :)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 11:32:08 AM »
Hi, Rooney

Check that your 5 volt line isn't grounded on your system somewhere, We got to talking about other things.  ???

I had a similar issue like this awhile back where the 5 volts was pulled down to .5 volts, It didn't Kill the 5 volt (wall-wort) power supply.

Chip  ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:02:25 PM by Chip »
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 03:56:43 PM »
Thanks for the help, Chip. 

Just so anyone else can possibly benefit from this thread, It turned out that my aluminum standoffs were of a large enough diameter that they were grounding the 5v board voltage to the chasis. :-[  I've yet to fix the problem, but I intend to use some hdpe for standoffs instead.  Another grounding issue was one of the RCA jacks that I was using grounded to the chasis as well.  That should also be easily remedied.

Thanks,
Rooney
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 09:26:59 AM »
had movement last night, and with the help of Chip, smoothed the motors out a bit.  Still running at a slow feed rate, but I will try to address that tonight.

Thanks again, Chip