Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 05:32:03 PM

Author Topic: G-Rex  (Read 11274 times)

G-Rex
« on: January 05, 2006, 05:38:09 AM »
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a G-Rex from Geckodrive to be able to increase the resolution and
still keep the feedrate.
I have been looking on the tutorial video and my question are if G-rex is fully functionally in Mach3 now
or if is still under development? And does Mach reconize the inputs for homing and limit switches without
any programming?

Roger
Re: G-Rex
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 07:08:32 AM »
I don't have a GRex here so I can't help you with this... Art has been working on  it, I will get a stat report from him and get back to you

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 07:24:27 AM »
Currently there is a Alpha version of Mach that works with G-Rex
You will find it on www.machsupport.com along side the "B" icon
I know this is one of Arts main focuses, to fininsh this as soon as possible.

Art

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 08:34:09 AM »
Hi Guys:

The version of MAchIV for the Grex is an ongoing project. Im waiting for the full release of the hardware and for a few more poeple to get one before I go much further so I can prioritize the things that need to be done. Full movement is possible at this point, so its just a matter of time..

Thanks,
Art
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 01:53:15 AM »
Wow!  The G-Rex looks amazing.  I don't even understand 10% percent of what is in the manual for it, but hey!  It's got lots of circuit paths!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 05:36:45 PM »
Wow! The G-Rex looks amazing. I don't even understand 10% percent of what is in the manual for it, but hey! It's got lots of circuit paths!

That's exactly what i think
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 01:02:22 PM »
My G100 should arrive today, and I'm looking forward to contributing to the development of Mach4.  Before I get started, though, I have two questions:

1)  Does Mach4 play well with Mach3 installed on the same PC?
2)  I'm trying to size up what stage of development Mach4 is in.  What's missing?  Are all the G and M codes supported?

Sorry - that was actually three questions.

MS

Art

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 02:22:03 PM »
Hi MS:

All the codes are support for movement, just some probing and such doesnt yet work. No problem with Mach2 and 3, its a pretty light load on the cpu.

The MachIV needs probing, cleanup, homing, and a few small items done. Arcs are still linear interpolattions, but other than that its mostly functional..

Art
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »
I have a live G100 on my desk, but I'm stumbling a little bit.  I'm ready to upload the .bin and .cfg files into the G100, but I don't know where to get the files.  What are they named and where are they?

Thanks,

Matthew

Art

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 05:38:59 PM »
Hi Matt:

Download the latest MachIV form the site, 1.90.010 , it has them in its folder after install. YOu need to load the bin file and the fpga configuration file fromthe folder, burn it in with the Gloader program. YEll if you get confused..

Art