Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 11:20:40 AM

Author Topic: The future!  (Read 5251 times)

The future!
« on: March 16, 2006, 08:13:20 PM »
I've just ordered my first G100.  I have to say, I'm giddy like a school girl.

Mariss, (GeckoDrives) and I had a wonderful chat about what's on the horizon in the next 12 months.  I have to say... WOW!.

Probably the biggest source of excitement for me is closed loop stepper operation.  Next is "detached stepper".  From what I understand is that while in closed loop, if the stepper is lagging 1.8 degrees behind the stepper speed is slowed (increases torque), so that the number of parts ruined from bad code can be reduced. (lots of advantages here)  Mach 4 is really going to be a big part of all this and I couldn't be more excited about it.

Any idea when I could pay for my Mach 4 upgrade?  Approximately how much do you think it will be?

Re: The future!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 09:19:03 AM »
We don't know what it is going to cost at this time ...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:17:13 PM »
I don't have alot of money, but I could give blood!

I do have 5 kids, want one? 

"And the teenager is yours to keep, even if you return the rest.  What have you got to lose!  Call today for this limited offer."

Speaking of the future, maybe Mach already does this:  When you are decending in a Z plunge, it's really no fun to watch it cut air.  Can some type of formula be written in Mach that is rapid, but decelerating as it approaches the work level?   
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 03:09:50 PM »
We don't know what it is going to cost at this time ...

Brian, Art has postd several times the price of the upgrade. Has this changed? I haven't looked it up but I can find it. Now please don't get me wrong.....I'm not complaining, but I though this had been settled some time back and I just want clarification. ???

Mike
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 07:29:33 PM »
I know it is going to be at least 50.00.... But that is up in the air and you know Art :) it will not be big money!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 12:04:16 AM »
Hi Brian,

I don't know Art nearly as well as I would like to! But yes, I know him well enough to know is won't be expensive. That was not the intent of my post however. I just wanted to make sure that no one thought things were being changed in mid stream. I have already made my intentions know to Art that I don't care if it is full price......it's still a bargin! I still feel that way.

Mike