Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:41:29 AM

Author Topic: 1st Run on MACH3MILL  (Read 23809 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Run on MACH3MILL
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 08:35:10 PM »
Hopefully you will get an easy answer.
Hood

Well the answer is easy but I dont like it. They said to ship the drivers back and they will send me new ones. That can take up to 20 days.

Thinking on my own I believe that perhaps I may have done something wrong myself, perhaps with the mach configuration. Since I have no experience I'm shooting in the dark here.

Is there any test I can do to make sure that mach is configured ok? Any other ideas?

Thank you

Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 08:44:56 PM »
If it works when you have full step set but not when you have any other setting then it is not a Mach config issue. Setting the switches to half step or  multi step will make the motors go slower if you dont adjust the steps per unit in motor tuning accordingly BUT they will still turn. Your  problem is either a hardware fault or a hardware  config issue.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 09:09:23 PM »
If it works when you have full step set but not when you have any other setting then it is not a Mach config issue. Setting the switches to half step or  multi step will make the motors go slower if you dont adjust the steps per unit in motor tuning accordingly BUT they will still turn. Your  problem is either a hardware fault or a hardware  config issue.
Hood

Thank you Hood

I will go over my electronics tomorrow with a fine tooth comb to see if I can find anything wrong.

I find it hard to believe that there is something wrong with the driver boards. These things (PCB) are made and checked in production. Unless you wire them wrongly and fry them they will always work and since the power LED on each of my drivers is ON, I cant believe that there is something wrong with the drivers.

Thanks again
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 04:06:17 PM »
I only sent back one driver board, the other 2 are ok and I'm trying to configure in the mean time whatever I can.

When I jog the motors, the axis only moves back and forth about 1/2". Even when I press the continue mode and hold the keyboard arrow down, the axis does not move more than 1/2".

What I have to do to get the axis from one end to the other?

Thank you
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 04:34:16 PM »
Do you get a message in the ticker window? Just thinking you may have the softlimits set up and its only allowing you that 1! travel.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 05:28:22 PM »
Do you get a message in the ticker window? Just thinking you may have the softlimits set up and its only allowing you that 1! travel.
Hood

Dont know what the ticker window is but I dont see any message anywhere anyway. I notice that the DRO are moving but not the axis.
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 05:39:02 PM »
Sounds like you may have your motors stalling, are they making a noise when they have stopped? If so drop your velocity and acceleration way down and see if that helps. If it does then start increasing the velocity until it stalls again then drop down a good bit then increase the accelleration until it stalls again then find the happy medium between velocity and accell.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 05:55:57 PM »
Thank you Hood, perhaps what you are saying it's true. Let me give it a try and I will post back.

Right now I try to figure out how to connect some relays to get my Estop/Limits working

Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 01:41:38 PM »
Sounds like you may have your motors stalling, are they making a noise when they have stopped? If so drop your velocity and acceleration way down and see if that helps. If it does then start increasing the velocity until it stalls again then drop down a good bit then increase the accelleration until it stalls again then find the happy medium between velocity and accell.
Hood

You are right Hood, I did what you said and now all is good

My velocity is at 81 in/min and acceleration 9 in/min. Kind of slow when I jog but motors are quite and smooth

Are the above numbers average, good, bad ?

Also noticed that if I keep my finger on the keyboard arrow button the axis travel in one direction and if I lift the finger and press again the same arrow button the same axis travels in the opposite direction.

Still a heck of a lot to learn but I will take one at a time

Much appreciated
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
ab key Jog popup pendant ?
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 01:54:30 PM »
Hi, Nicolas

Never seen that happen, What happens if you press the opposite arrow key and then try the original one again ?

Dose it just happen on one axis ?

Have you used the Jog Pendant ("Tab" key pop-up) ?

Chip
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 01:57:29 PM by Chip »