Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:25:00 AM

Author Topic: Mirror image.  (Read 3199 times)

Mirror image.
« on: July 13, 2009, 12:23:33 AM »
Hi all,

Just got my Milling machine converted to CNC using Mach3. I loaded the "Cut Arc" from the wizard, and posted the "G" code .when opening the screen to view it looks fine till I run the machine to simulate the cut(Using a Felt Marker) just to see what it looks like. the picture that the machine cut (drew with marker)is a mirror image of what is shown on the screen.

Can anyone help out as to what to do to fix this? The X and Y movements are correct and not backwards.
Thanks.

John
SolidWorks to Mach3.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 12:29:42 AM »
 I am used to drawing parts in SolidWorks, and don't want to learn Master-Cam. How can I move the SolidWorks drawing to Master-Cam and to Mach3?
I tried to save the file as STL and DXF. anyone has the sintax for the process? any ideas.
Thanks.

John
Re: Mirror image.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:57:52 PM »
Normally, MasterCam will import directly Solidworks Solid and can import Solid History too.

But don't know what version you use.

When you go in the open menu in MasterCam, specify what kind of file you want to import and select SolidWorks file extension.

In the open menu, select OPTION and Check Import solid History.

Jeff
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 11:21:24 PM »
Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I will try it and see if it works. I am using 08 Solidworks and Mastercam X.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:04:49 AM »
the picture that the machine cut (drew with marker)is a mirror image of what is shown on the screen.

Can anyone help out as to what to do to fix this? The X and Y movements are correct and not backwards.
Thanks.

John

Are you sure? Every time I've seen this question come up, the machine has been set up backwards.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html