Hello Guest it is November 12, 2019, 10:04:26 PM

Author Topic: My fireball v90 setup  (Read 6550 times)

My fireball v90 setup
« on: July 10, 2009, 01:37:00 AM »
hello everyone, I've been lurking for a while as a guest but now I have a machine setup. I took the easy way out and bought a fireball only because all my attempts to make my own from scratch failed bad. any who please let me know what you think ^-^

Offline Sam

•  988 988
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: My fireball v90 setup
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 01:56:14 AM »
Looks great Rich, you should be making cool things in no time. Good luck, and have fun.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,984 7,984
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:24:07 AM »
Thats brilliant Rich. You have a machine to be proud of.

Just one suggestion though - your dust extractor should really be located outside the work area. The filters in these things may not trap the really fine particles and there is always a risk that you would be inhaling potentially harmful dust from the MDF you cut.

I look forward to seeing some pics of the things that you have made with the machine.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 09:57:53 PM »
I was thinking of making a wet dust collecting on the vacuums exhaust but part of the problem is space, my other thought was to vent it outside except that I'm in the corner of a basement and the only window is through two walls -_-
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 08:47:38 AM »
That's a very nice machine, should be good for PCBs and all sorts of things. Well done, you'll have fun :)

... and you won't have to go round it with a mop like mine, lol

For particles: how about a better vacuum cleaner with an HEPA filter? they'll trap pretty much anything.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  1,903 1,903
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 07:25:50 AM »
I would blow it into the lounge, within no time you will have all the space you need  >:D

Graham
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 07:41:55 AM »
  :) ;D:D
Good one Graham.
And here's a quote from some time back that would probably apply also.

"""very easy to start, costly to finish, well worth it in the end"""   

Russ

Offline RICH

•  7,370 7,370
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 07:42:30 AM »
Richy,
Hope your having fun with the new machine. One thing i may mention is that lather on you may want to consider
a small laminate router as they are so much more roburst than that dremel and will run more true.
Have fun and post a picture of any work of arts you do.
Hmm.......They used to call me Richy.... won't get into names.........  >:D
RICH