Hello Guest it is September 24, 2023, 12:12:25 AM

Author Topic: Problems using G41 with G91  (Read 2886 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Problems using G41 with G91
« on: July 09, 2009, 10:20:57 AM »
Having decided to move my drivers from the plastic case that they came in into a metal case so that they are screened I looked for details of the cutouts required for DB9 connectors.  I found that some G code was included for this job in the MACH3 release, in shapes.tap, BUT it is in Absolute mode and I wanted a positionless subroutine for multiple cutouts in s single program.  I did the conversion and the results were somewhat interesting :-

If the subroutine is run at the position where the toolpath has been regenerated it is almost correct, but the finish co-ordinates are slightly off, but when you move away from the regereration point and call it again you get some very interesting paths cut/dispalyed.

I am attaching a self extracting zip containing a readme file along with various implementations of the code and the xml file that I was using. MACH3 Versioin R3.042.020

I also ran it on my internet machine, demo license Version R2.63 with the default xml with very similar results


Offline ger21

  • *
  •  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Problems using G41 with G91
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 11:25:08 AM »
Try  it with 3.43, which has a different comp in it. Be aware that 3.43 may have other bugs, though.

2010 Screenset

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
Re: Problems using G41 with G91
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 09:49:57 PM »
Many thanks, 3.43 seems to do it.  I also tried 3.042.027 but that was bad.