Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:54:52 PM

Author Topic: Second probe?  (Read 21036 times)

vmax549

Re: Second probe?
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 09:40:30 PM »
Ken you are correct (;-)  If they are the same switch format you could have a 100 of them and they would all work but only one at a time.

DON it is NOT about having more pins for the port BUT MACH only recognises ONE input as a probe devise.

I'll see if I can find some info on the minear probe. HOw many wires does the probe have??

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:03:30 PM by vmax549 »
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 07:40:22 AM »
Don, I am also using a dedicated tool setter probe that I don't want to move, but I also want to have another spindle probe to do center/ and or edge finding. I see no reason these both cant be used on the same port since they wont be active at the same time. My problem was that I was trying to use one normally open and one normally closed probe, but if they are both the same, I don't see a problem. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Ken

All you need to do is add an inverter to one of them so they'll both be the same polarity....  A single transistor would do it.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »
Its Just that I haven't tryied it yet and am a bit concerned about the total resistance of both of these in series. I will try it tho, just takes a bit of wiring change at the port.
CRUISER
  Don

Offline ticoe

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 03:18:27 PM »
HI there I cant get my Mach3 to to work with the arrow keys  to move the X and Y and Z.  I just installed SS board?
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 12:17:22 AM »
I tried the series connection today and it seems to work fine ! But every time I sit down to study the code for the probing routine my mind goes some where else and doesn't want to help me ! Maybe If I bribe it ?
CRUISER
  Don

vmax549

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 01:15:12 AM »
Start with a blank piece of paper and write down what you want it to do IN the order you think it needs to be.     JUST as if you were telling it to me.

Then we work from there, (;-) TP
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »
OK, got my second probe hooked up to the same pin as the first probe but...
Probe 1 wont work unless probe 2 is open at the same time and probe 2 wont work unless probe 1 is open etc..These are both NC probes.
Is there some sort of relay or something I can hook up to these to make them play nice together? :o

Ken
Regards,
Ken
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 03:14:08 PM »
sounds like you got them hooked up parallel "Both to same pin" It may be you need series hookup <or> leave one to pin and other to ground then connect remaining power & ground together for a series circuit so power has to go through both units for one complete circuit.
CRUISER
  Don
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 03:35:23 PM »
Yes, had them in parallel...will try series.
I wish I knew more about electronics.
Thanks Don!
Regards,
Ken

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »
Ken,

That is correct, wire them in series, that should work for you. 
If either probe opens (contact) it will be seen at the port.

Arnie