Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:47:29 AM

Author Topic: Second probe?  (Read 20962 times)

Re: Second probe?
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 02:47:36 AM »
To add a call within the code could be very advantageous in dead and I will gladly try it. Of course you know already that I don't have a clue how to implement such within the code. The code I started with was from someone else and modified for my needs, and as I told Gene of IH yesterday it will be made available for all the IH users and anything to make it more universal or user friendly I'm sure will be greatly appreciated. I would be more than happy to hear any and all idea's that will make this an indispensable tool for all with a similar setup. This is the start of my learning curve!
Again I say THANK YOU VMAX
CRUISER
  Don

vmax549

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2009, 12:57:46 PM »
NO Problem, I have a box full of handy macros and tools and we create more very day as ideas come in. Maybe one day when Brian gets time he can incorporate them into Mach directly as new Gcodes or Mcodes.

Let me know IF you need any help to add the tool# Question to your macro it is easy(;-)

Now when you get it working as you like (;-) We do have a place to post it . It is called the MACH TOOL BOX over in the download section. Just type in a brief description of how it works and attach the macro.  IF you look at some of the examples there you will see how it works.

GOOD JOB(;-)

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:00:26 PM by vmax549 »
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2009, 01:13:10 PM »
I'll check it out for sure. Also, If you have something I can look at and study/mimic I'd be grateful, I don't know enough to make the original invention, but I can usually adapt from another example. I prepared a rough first rendition or compilation Zip file and posted on the IH thread. I am now quite happy with how this works and at how repeatable it seems to be with my Minear probe. It seems to repeat in the .0003" range as far as I can tell, maybe closer, hard to tell yet!
Thanks again for your help and I am giving you credit for making this possible, your willing experience is greatly appreciated for sure here!
CRUISER
  Don