Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:29:08 AM

Author Topic: Probe plug in - any fix yet - the old double point bug.  (Read 11711 times)

Re: Probe plug in - any fix yet - the old double point bug.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 10:14:35 PM »
hi Scott thanks how do i change the 400ms on the probe you mentioned?   So all those posts I read about 5 threads about double points are just people with bad probes?  Thanks Rich

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »
under general config, change the debouce
fun times
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 01:57:50 PM »
Is this Input singal debouncing?  Right now it is set for 1000.  Will this effect my servos though??  I have the mill decently working dont want to screw that up.
Thanks, R
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 12:27:15 PM »
This is the reply I got back from someone that makes nice probes.

"I did some testing on your probe,  I stretched the spring a bit to prevent any noise from false trips.  I also tried a heavier spring but I didn't like it,  it is just a little too heavy.

The problem is not the probe but the software,  I got the same double points.  What it looks like to me is the software records the touch point and the reset point. This software plugin needs work."

Seems others are having the same problem....

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »
I tried changing debounce to 400, also putting that 1k resistor between 5v and pin 15, and also using a heavier spring in the probe.  Still getting two points per probe.   Need help with this please. Thank you very much.  Rich

small probe of 1"x 1"  .05 grid, .05 retract, 5 inch per minute probe.  note the double set of points.

vmax549

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »
GUYS it is NOT you PROBES (;-)  Once mach sees the first trip of the G31 thats it you could tripp it a 100 times the first trip stops the G31 and it records that point. ANY extra trips are ignored UNTIL the g31 is called again for the next cycle.

the problem has to be in the plugin. Probably a piece of safety code to protect the probe causes a double trip to be recorded in error.

ONLY Art has the source code and only HE can fix it.

(;-) TP

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:46:15 PM by vmax549 »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 07:14:23 AM »
Well, I looked over the probing source code and discussed it with Art last night......

Here is what Art says for you probers that are getting the double points to try first!!!!:

Art Fenerty:

"tell those that get double points to use a larger pullback...
reversals shoudl be 1.. but has a max of five, then it fails.. so larger pullback.. if no double points then thats whats causing it..
as I recall anyway.."

So, set your pull back to a larger value, (or even much larger), and then see if it clears up, if it does clear up, then thats the issue, and you can then reduce the pull back, until you see the double points again, then increase slightly.

NOTE:  If that fails to resolve the problem, I did find a section of code that could potentially be the "culprit", Art IS aware of the section, so he thinks that the pull back is the issue.

scott
fun times
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 12:12:08 PM »
That is great news you and Art are looking into the problem with the probe plug in.  A big thank  you!

I am using the max pullback of .05 (that is the maximum pullback the plug in will allow), so that the points could be seperated out.   Shown here you can see it forces a pullback of .05

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:51:39 PM by rich05 »

vmax549

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 02:43:04 PM »
Pull back COULD be the issue at hand, Looking at the plugin code.

You have to account for the amount of movement in th eprobe to untrip it on reversals. I have seen some probes that had .010-.020" travel to untrip. ADD that to .010-.020"overtravel due to slow deaccellaration and add in the .010 min travel required by MACH it all adds up.

Certainly worth a try to those having the problem. I know I have logged in a zillion g31 probe cycles over the years and NEVER saw a double points write from the G31 in ANY file.

BUT I never use the 3D plugin either.

(;-) TP
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 03:22:21 PM »
min travel is .05 it tells me