Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:36:01 AM

Author Topic: shuttle mode, step/velocity and single step  (Read 19487 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: shuttle mode, step/velocity and single step
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 10:41:57 PM »
JAJA,
I am usualy using them  in velocity only.
To get the movement i mentioned just fool with the counts / unit along with velocity settings in
CONFIG>PORT&PINS> ENCODER / MPG'S
Think my encoders are 2048 , just note  that i use them as stated and as such they are not truly callibrated.

Almost all my code for the work i do utilize wizards, Lazycam Turn along with LazyTurn  to generate the code.
Once in a while some other programs. Manual coding only when i need to edit or manipulate the Gcode.

PS: I am not exactly nuts about using an MPG to do actual machining .....just one slip on the wheel and .......
could be bad news!
RICH

Offline jaja

•  68 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 05:00:31 AM »
Rich,
Thanks for your answer.
I am going to play with the MPG configuration you mentioned. It seems a good idea.
My MPG's do 25 clicks or counts per revolution.

Have read everything about lazyturn. As soon as I am more self-confident with my lathe, I will use this program (and buy it). But for this moment, using the MPG's and connecting the wizards together is more than enough.

Another subject:
When I bought this lathe (with an old Atari computer and a totally different, very simple cnc program) all my friend advised my not to buy it. "You will never need to do tapers, arcs or fillets" they said, "and you will never be able to do some proper turning on such a device,,,much,, much to complicated". Now they ask me to do some work they can't do on their own machines (like a tooladapter with tapered backend). ;D

gr jaja

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 07:51:30 AM »
jaja,
A CNC lathe lets you machine stuff that would be very difficult to do on a manual machine.

If you looked through the LazyTurn manual, then take a look at the manual for LazyCam.
I just posted an updated version of it which includes a Lathe section and uses the same file
from LT's manual / section 5.

There are two problems a new user must address when using cnc with code generated from any software:
1. Tool application to the piece you want to machine along with defining the machining steps and order of machining

2. The basic prepratory lathe setup and also proper start and return of the tool

LC Turn can do some things that are not yet implimented in LT and the license for LC Turn will be honored for
LazyTurn ( as i understand it ). They are two different programs! That said, you will not find a lathe program anywhere for the License price, for what you get, even within the limitations of both. 
RICH

Offline jaja

•  68 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 04:57:37 PM »
Thanks for your reply Rich.

You are right about the money. I think that programs like mach and lazy cam or turn, should be payed for, as a sign of respect to all the people who worked on it.

I do not understand your remarks 1 and 2,,, tool application- you mean which tool you use for a specific part you are turning?
And the basic prepratory lathe setup????
I know there is still a lot to learn for me.

I will read your manual, perhaps it gives me some understanding of the subject

gr jaja