Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:19:46 AM

Author Topic: CHALLENGE - PRESENTED FOR DISCUSION  (Read 9250 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: CHALLENGE - PRESENTED FOR DISCUSION
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 08:58:41 AM »
Appreciate the comments,

Dave,
Were where the manauls then?  First major problem for sure. I purchased LC fully knowing there was no manual and even complained that there was none, and the response was that there was no need for one because there was a video. HA! But that's history now. As i "quested" for a lathe program out there, found almost nothing, and LC provided for the lathe. There are still good things to be had out of LC for the lathe, even as compared, to LT or for that matter even some of the high end programs. I can only guess that you won't see a finish pass out of LT until the end of the year. In the mean time, well, your in the dumper!

I am currently working on a LC lathe section, and that section, bridges the gap into LT. The tutorial focuses on just how to get a single continous profile pass and uses the same drawing used for LT ,and maybe will be posted in a few days. The problem is simply this, CNC can get complex, real quick, and with thoughts of the newbie, well lets just say that you can only do so much in presentation.

The lathe programing is complex, it's a different machining operation, tool use really becomes very important, etc.
I am commited to the LT manual because i swore that it would have a manual, and that the manual would be not be like any of the other manuals out there.

Beta, don't you love that word!  ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what makes a good manual?   ???

Terry,
The documentation / manual is now available.
What are the known "Quirks" of LC?   ;D

And thanks for the info you sent me. I am not going to put anything in the manual for raster files.
I haven't found one worth a hoot in 20 years! Even high end ones that do conversions and cost BIG BIG BIG BUCKS!
are crap in the big picture IMHO!   But you know what they say about opinions.  >:D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 09:28:49 AM »
DAVE,
Here is an rough draft for the lathe.
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »
Well thank you very kindly, Rich. I will have to sit down and study up on this some more and see if I can't break anything.  ;D

Been very busy here lately and haven't had much time to play but I did get my little heat sinks epoxied onto the lathe motor with a 120mm fan blowing over it. I have to give it a workout and see how much it helps.

Thanks again for all of your help, my friend-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 09:07:08 PM »
Rich

This would really be a big help especially if I could print it out????????????????????  Did you create this document? 

Ed

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 11:53:29 PM »
ED,
Was just a real rough draft and didn't want folks wasting paper.  ;D

Yes, I created it. Should be done in a day or so and you will be able to print it out.  ;)
After chewing on it some, felt it just didn't cut it, so, expanded it to show how to do more.
Like turning, grooving, facing, final finish pass. Stay tuned, it will be in REV "D" of the LC manual
update. The manual can be found in the Members Docs.

RICH
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 11:15:47 AM »
Rich

Great to hear that you are going to polish and update the file, and I do not consider it a waste of paper to print out a manual that I need.  Thanks 

Ed  :)  :)  :)
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 05:16:28 PM »
  I started in deskcnc in dos version for what it cost for lazycam & Mach3 this is a good software for the hobbies,
yes they to have there bugs. But if dry run or Air cut the show up ,then you can edit them out. If you are
a production shop or you make a living at this this software is not for you!!!

Dan