Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:51:03 PM

Author Topic: My New Router Gantry Build  (Read 27824 times)

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
Re: My New Router Gantry Build
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »
excellent success Gary.  By all means show off your work and make some money back on your investment!
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2009, 09:59:16 PM »
excellent success Gary.  By all means show off your work and make some money back on your investment!

I agree!!

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 07:25:33 AM »
Thanks Guys, and glad to be back with time to post here again..
Gary
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2009, 08:52:52 PM »
The project looks great however the extra weight might compromise the function. I chose the aluminum for the lighter weight. It cost more but it takes less power to move. I would like to see the outcome as I am designing a larger unit and steel might be a factor for strength.

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2009, 05:17:17 PM »
Well I didnt get pictures because of a tight deadline but I made a radar panel for a 65 Hatteras and a few covers nothing fancy BUT it cuts great and to my surprise it came out square..
  I usually get the jobs at 5 in the afternoon then have to have them out before 8 am to get them to the boats in Ft Lauderdale.
  I try to get dimensions a few days in advance but we had a hurry up job as usual that needed to be out ASAP..
  I did make a sign today for a friend of a neighbor that just says BACK NINE for his patio and delivered it 30 minutes ago, Again no pics ...I need to think about getting pics of some work to at least show the boat owners that we work for some things that we can do but never remember..
And gfroe123, How are you going to drive your router? I dont think steel or aluminum will be that much different but the steel will be heavier and less likley to viberate doe to the weight , I am driving mine up to 110 IPM when cutting plastics with not vibrations..
Gary

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2009, 01:21:03 PM »
i'm so jealous you are cutting already!  Good that you are making $$ on your baby though.

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2010, 08:29:54 AM »
Well back after a few months of other work and being layed up in bed for 3 weeks , better now though.
Here is one of the plates I made for my nephew last night for his bass boat , I didnt have a engraving bit on hand
the last one bit the dust with a bad mistake hitting a hold down screw..
I used a 90 degree corner bit thats why the lines are so wide and I need to clean out some left over sprue from the cuts...
I have an Onsrud 60 degree engraving bit coming in on tuesday (I hope ) so I can finish this job I am making another dash
plate for gauges and switches with the same bass in the middle .It is 23.5 x 4 but this small plate is 9 x 5 so the bass is only 4 inches tall..

Also after posting and looking at the picture close up , It cleaned up a lot after this picture was taken , I should take it down and put up a cleaner picture (YUCK)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 09:03:51 AM by Sam »