Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:18:15 AM

Author Topic: how can I set the a axis to zero within a part program?  (Read 3869 times)

Offline birdbrain

•  41 41
  • Stupidity, beyond belief!
    • View Profile
how can I set the a axis to zero within a part program?
« on: May 26, 2009, 12:14:02 AM »
I have a part program that rotates the a axis about 10 times during one cut. I would like to reset the a axis DRO to zero after this cut without stopping the program. I takes too long to drive the axis back to zero as it is a very slow axis.
Re: how can I set the a axis to zero within a part program?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
I have a part program that rotates the a axis about 10 times during one cut. I would like to reset the a axis DRO to zero after this cut without stopping the program. I takes too long to drive the axis back to zero as it is a very slow axis.

If nothing else, you could write a macro (executed as an M-code) to reset the A axis DRO:

Create the file M1000.m1s containing the single line "SetOEMDRO(803, 0)" in Mach3\macros\YourMachProfileName.  Executing M1000 in your G-code program will then clear the DRO.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline birdbrain

•  41 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:42:27 AM »
That sounds interesting Ray. I'll give it a try, thanks.

vmax549

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 01:13:20 AM »
IF it is important to maintain axis sync as to part zero , make sure you stop on a multiple of 360 deg that way the axis stays in sync same as when you started.

Just a thought, (;-)

Offline birdbrain

•  41 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 01:22:22 AM »
Thanks. I had thought about it but it's not necessary on this part. I simply need to cut the part (including multiple a axis turns) and when the part is finished, set the DRO (and hopefully the remembered position of the a axis to zero). It will be useful to do this without using the keyboard or mouse.

Offline birdbrain

•  41 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 04:54:48 AM »
Just tried the macro and it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!