Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:08:56 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Slave Problem - novice user  (Read 6888 times)

Mach3 Slave Problem - novice user
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:10:09 AM »
I recently built a router using a mechatronics drive, 4 - 269oz steppers and Mach3.  I had problems with the X/A slave axis but I got it running.   I  moved controller box to the computer stand and am again having problems with the X/A axis.  I am getting a condition abnormal that reads "one or more axis disabled or enabled".  I have double checked the configuration and played with the motor tuning but no success.   Y and Z axis run very nicely.   Just the X w/A slave being a problem.

I assume this is a Mach3 configuration issue.   What am I doing wrong.   Assistance appreciated.

Jack

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Slave Problem - novice user
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:30:31 AM »
What exactly is the problem?
Have you got the motors enabled in Cofig menu the Ports and Pins then Motor Outputs?
Do you have the axis slaved,  Config menu then SlaveAxis?
Are the slave settings correct on Config then General Config page?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:43:34 AM »
Hood,

Thanks for your reply.

X axis seems to respond to jog.  Y seems to not respond or is hit and miss with gantry racking.

Ports and pins include X Y Z and A axes

Motor tuning seems OK

Slave configuration is X with A slaved to it.

Don't see anything on the Gen config page relating to slave???

Jack Mc Kie

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 10:52:45 AM »
Was meaning the A Axis settings on General config, not sure how they would affect things when using a slaved axis but if the A is set as angular it could well cause problems.
Please attach your xml and I will have a look and see if I can find a problem, I have never had a slaved axis so might not see anything unless its obvious though.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 11:16:37 AM »
Hood,

Please excuse my ignorance.   I searched for XML files in Mach3 and found backups in the form of .XB  ie.  mach3mill.xb204  Is this what you want?

Jack

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 11:18:43 AM »
You will find it in the main Mach3 folder, it will be called Mach3Mill.xml if you are using the default mill profile. You will need to copy it to a different location on your drive then rename it before the forum will accept it, suggest you call it freshwatermodels.xml

Hood
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 11:30:09 AM »
Hood,

Thanks!   Here is the XML.

Jack

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
Ok on General config page uncheck that A axis is rotational and see if that helps.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 11:48:48 AM »
No change.

Jack

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 01:30:32 PM »
Afraid the only other thing I see wrong is you dont have Home Slave with Master checked, then again as I said I have never had a slaved axis so not exactly sure what should be set up.
 Having said that it sounds like it may be a hardware issue, check all the connections to the drive and breakout are good.
Also I am presuming in your first reply you were meaning the A axis when you said "Y seems to not respond or is hit and miss with gantry racking."

Hood