Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:02:39 PM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin Update Available  (Read 14154 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
XBox360 Controller Plugin Update Available
« on: May 03, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »
Since the original topic was getting quite long, I added this one as a new topic.  A new version 2.2 of the plugin is available.  It includes the following:
1. Ability to disable diagonal movement of the axes when using the thumbstick.  I have found this to be needed for those times when I only want to move 1 axis and I accidentally move the thumbstick slightly diagonally.
2. Change to the RefAll Home option (button choice) to allow it to work with the Smooth Stepper.
3. Added support for HID 0x0291. This was added at the request of a user who wanted to use the rf module from a broken XBox360 as the wireless transmitter/Receiver.  Here is his solution (in Spanish):

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_tutorial-receptor-casero-wireles360-para-pc-ya-funciona_1022864

If you use the standard "360 wireless controller for Windows ", it comes with a wireless transmitter/receiver and Windows will use the HID of the Transmitter/Receiver rather than the HID of the Controller.  If you use some other wireless transmitter/receiver it may not have an HID.  Then Windows will see the Wireless Controller directly as though it were attached directly to the pc.  In this case, Windows will use the HID of the Wireless Controller rather than the Receiver/Transmitter.  So, if you make your own wireless transmitter/receiver as this person did, then this version should help you.

Thank you and enjoy,

Lee

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin Update Available
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:32:45 PM »
I know it's too soon for another update, but.....  Someone expressed some concern about the fact that the wireless controller goes to sleep and then you have to restart Mach.  So.....

I have placed a test version of the plugin in the Yahoo Group Files section under VS2005 - VS2008 Lee's files named XBox360Controller.zip.  Would you please test it for me.  It should take care of the problem of the timeout on the controller causing it to stop working in Mach.  Now, when the controller is sleeping, you just wake it back up and it starts working again in Mach.  It works fine for me.  After you have tested it, if you find no problems, I'll have it posted to the Plugins page.

The file is a zip. So, just unzip the DLL and copy it to the /Plugins folder in /Mach.

Thanks
Lee

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 08:16:05 PM »
Hi,

The latest version that allows for a wireless controller to go in and out of sleep mode without requiring a restart of Mach is now available on the Mach plugin page.

Lee

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »
Thanks Lee, I haven't had the time or need for it yet, but thank you all the same.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:12:38 AM »
Lee,
     Great job with the x-box 360 controller. I have a shuttle pro on my cnc router that cost me around $100. I picked up a used 360 controller for under $20.00 and it works GREAT. So far I have only been able to use the inc. step with the X and Y axis. I would like to use the step feature with the Z axis. How do I set that up?
     Again, thank you for a great contribution to the comunity

Ken

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
Lee,
Thanks for the upgrade. The ref all, disable diagonal movemet , and especially the time out fix are really
good upgrades and appreciated.
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
I actually built a "gamepad" into a console (not entirely finished but functioning) and I like the idea of the X Box and the plug-in rather than the KeyGrabber setup.

Can one of you tell me what the distance is center to center of the analog sticks is?

Also, for any of you who have taken one of these apart, are the analog sticks on their own circuit board like other gamepads?

Thanks for the help- :)
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 05:31:02 PM »
Dave,
Is this what you wanted?
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 05:33:14 PM »
Sure is and unfortunately it won't work, thanks so much for the info, Rich-  :)

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 12:30:47 AM »
Hi Ken,

Thank you for the kind words.  Sorry for not responding sooner,. I have been away from my computer.

Here is how you set up the jog for the Z axis:

Let us say that you have X and Y set up on the left thumbstick and Z set up on the right thumbstick (side to side  movement). Take 2 of the buttons and set 1 button to "Jog+ Right Stick SideToSide" option and another button to "Jog - Right Stick SideToSide". Then you will have it for the Z.  It is unfortunate that the XBox360 controller does not have more butttons. For your 2 buttons, you may want to choose the forward and back buttons.  It is your choice.

Regards,
Lee,

Great job with the x-box 360 controller. I have a shuttle pro on my cnc router that cost me around $100. I picked up a used 360 controller for under $20.00 and it works GREAT. So far I have only been able to use the inc. step with the X and Y axis. I would like to use the step feature with the Z axis. How do I set that up?
     Again, thank you for a great contribution to the comunity

Ken
[/quote]