Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:16:54 AM

Author Topic: Limits/Home/Software Limits Question  (Read 5430 times)

Limits/Home/Software Limits Question
« on: April 07, 2009, 08:42:35 AM »
I am retrofitting a router with a G100 and Mach3. Everything works well except for the following. I have the X-- limit and the X Home set up with a single limit switch, the Y-- and the Y-Home set up with a single limit switch, and separate X++ and Y++ Limit switches. When I home the machine without the limit switches for X-- and Y-- enabled, the machine homes as it should. If I enable the limit functions for X-- and Y--, when I home the machine the limits are activated and the machine will not home once the limit switches are activated. Further, when I go to either the X++ or the Y++ limits, the machine will not jog back in the negative direction until I go in and deactivate the limit switches. I am also able to jog past the soft limits that I have set up. I have searched the forums, the docs, and the groups and I don't seem to be able to find any reference to this problem. I know that I am missing something, but a hint in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks

Dan

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Limits/Home/Software Limits Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 05:58:28 PM »
Dan, look on your settings page and make sure the auto limits override is activated. As far as the soft limits, I can't remember for sure if they work with the G100. For now, turn them off and lets work on one problem at the time. If you still have a problem homeing and getting the limit switch fault post your XML and try adding a little debounce in general config. You can start at 2000 and lower until you start getting the problem again then raise it a little and call it good.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
OK, Got the hard limits working. However soft limits still do not work with the G100. Anyone know of a fix? Also, is there a way to reset the manual limit override once it has been set?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 11:32:27 PM »
I don't know of a work around for softlimits. If they were set correctly and they don't work, it is a limitation of the G100.  :(

Also, is there a way to reset the manual limit override once it has been set?

I don't understand what your asking.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 05:12:53 AM »
All the manual Limit override does is allow you to press that button and you can then Jog off the limits once done thats it, to use again you need to press it again. AutoOverride will do the same except you wont need to press it everytime you need to use it.

Hood
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 09:14:06 AM »
OK, It all works now with one problem. On the MDI screen there is a manual limits override button and an LED that indicates the override status. Once the button was pressed to come back off of the limit switches, the LED indicates that the limits are manually being overriden. However after jogging off of the limits, the LED never clears back and manual override is always active. How can I turn off the manual override again. It is like the software is putting the GRex into manual override and never resetting it back once the button is pressed. After power cycling the GRex and rebooting the computer, the Override LED still shows that the manual override is active and in fact it is.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »
Afraid your problem is the G100 and it will always be that way as the software development stopped a while ago when the guy that was doing it disapeared, also think part of the reason he did so was that the G100 wasnt as powerful as was first thought so he was undable to progress much further. This is just what I ave heard so someone may correct me :)

Hood