Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:12:56 PM

Author Topic: Turn motor output on and off  (Read 2694 times)

Turn motor output on and off
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:55:36 AM »
I'm sure there's a simple way of doing this, but I can't work it out.

To trace a problem I want to be able to toggle the motor outputs (dir and step) for different motors on and off, so I can test the output of my BOB with a multimeter. How can I do this?

Incidentally - the reason why is that one of my axes has started moving only moving in one direction! (And you can imagine the damage this causes.) By switching the outputs from the BOB to my different UHU servo controllers I can see the problem shift to a different axis, so I know the problem is in software, the BOB or the wiring from the BOB to the UHUs. I mention this in case anyone recognises these symptoms and can offer a solution.

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Turn motor output on and off
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »
Do you mean to toggle whilst running code? If so I dont think you can. If you mean just to disable while in Mach so it is not active then just disable in Ports and Pins.
 If an axis is only moving one direction it suggests that the Dir signal is not getting through, you could easily check this at the Bob by connecting a meter between the Dir pin and zero volts and jog one way then the next, the meter should show 5v one way 0v the other. If it doesnt then go further back to the port and see if it happens, you dont need to have the cable connected to test for this, you may need to change the active state of any limits or E-Stop whilst testing with a cable disconnected.
Hood