Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:25:29 AM

Author Topic: Guitar Fans?  (Read 17231 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Guitar Fans?
« on: April 01, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »
Ok, so I see we have a few guitar fans here and I thought I'd start a thread to talk,,, well,,,, about guitars ;D

As always, pics are great so show us what ya got!

I've played for quite a long time until I hit a "brick wall" and pretty much just quite playing. I never really got good enough to "be" something as I just never disciplined myself to practice correctly. I'd just "jam" with every Tom, Dick, and Harry, and then even recorded a lot of my own stuff .

I never really completely got away from it because I loved building them and collecting them as well. Hell, now I'm making parts for them so it's always been a part of me. I'm a huge Jackson/Charvel fan but have quite a few others as I'm basically a guitar "whore". At least that's what my wife calls me....  :D

Thanks,
Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: Guitar Fans?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:56:46 PM »
Well, you already know I'm a guitar player wannabe. After selling my Charvel+Crate amp in a time of misfortune, I lost most of my desire to play. I bought a cheap Ibanez, slapped some good pickups in it, but it still plays like crap, and so do I. I pick it up and try desperately to learn something every few months. The urge usually last for a month or maybe 2, then it sits in the corner, and my fingers are hardened from calluses once again. I would like to make a good guitar body, but it's just not on the top of my priority list. I remember back a few years ago, there used to be a program called "Mplayer". It was a voice chat program, and had hundreds of channels for anybody and everybody. It also had lots of guitar player channels, and you could go in and people would take turns playing. It was a really great thing. All good things come to an end I guess.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 12:52:36 PM »
Hi Sam,

Got any pics of the Ibanez and Charvel?

I have a few but I'll start with the Firecrackle Model 6, which was my first Charvel and still have it as it's just an amazing player and I have sentimental reasons for keeping it.

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 01:40:34 PM »
Dave, that's what mine looked like. :) Only mine had a maple bolt on neck. I think it was a model 7?? Hated to sell it, but needed the cash. :(
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:46:21 PM »
I hate it when that happens to folks, Gerry,  >:(

The Model 7 was actually a tele shaped guitar, I had 3 of them but thinned out to just 2 for the moment -  :D

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »
Model 4, then. ;)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »
Since it had the maple fretboard, it would have been a Model 4M  ;D

Very good guitars and those necks feel great when the clear coat is sanded off and gunstock oil or tung oil is applied -

Dave

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 06:07:01 PM »
Guitars,

I've got a couple. Fender Squire Strat , Jackson Performer, Ibanez Gax70, Gregg Bennett acoustic, and  A Danville Dobro , and can't play any of them..  LOL   :D  Requires practice , which requires time, which I never seem to have enough of. Who ever said retirement was great was lying. But I also collect Guns , which I have more of. But no time for those either. Will have to start a gun thread.  :D
  So who's your favorite guitar players ? Stevie Ray  , Eric Clapton , and of course Chet Atkins, who could pick anything.

Ed
Ed VanEss

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 11:04:21 PM »
I would like to have that Jackson Performer. I'm not really a gun collector, but I have a few. Tactical 12 gauge with aimpoint, Smith & Wesson AR-15, crappy 9mm, 45 Ruger.  I would rather have me a good guitar than another gun.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 12:18:40 AM »
LOL, no deal Sam,  :D

The Jacksons my favorite . Picked it up used in Miami for a hundred bucks. 9 years ago.
Nice lookin AR you have , full floating barrel. I have an ar with a 24" match barrel. Can hit half dollars at 200 yds.
My favorites are 1911 model 45 pistols.  I have a Colt  polished stainless gold cup, colt officers model, a Springfield Armory with titanium scope mt I made. A Para ordinance 45, w/ 13 round clips, and also a Ruger 45, plus all the others. Hope your stocked up on ammo, cause it's getting hard to find. Thanks Obama. And also lottsa long guns.

Ed
Ed VanEss