Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 11:52:56 AM

Author Topic: I'm just a tease  (Read 14399 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
I'm just a tease
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:38:58 PM »
Hey guys, I thought I should tell you about a new version of Mach that will be coming out in the future. I have been testing it a little this evening. There have been many advances and enhancements made to Mach in the past year or so that aren't so obvious (behind the scenes stuff) to many of the users but this one you will get to see. It covers a lot of ground but the most noticeable is the tool path display. You can pan, zoom, rotate on the fly. Also you can pick different screen pages while running code with no problems and the toolpath will be the same on every page. Not saying it will be the same tool path, same size, etc. It will be showing the same in each instance though. You can have multiple work cord. showing at the same time and they will update on the fly. It is crazy fast as well. I tested 2 versions. One updating at 100 times a sec. and one at 50 times a sec. The one at 100 is so fast that if you change pages in the screen, it happens so fast you hardly know it. No lag at all, none. The feed rate over ride is crazy fast as well. You can't click your mouse as fast as it can respond. I will do some more testing and try to make a short video in the next week or so. I know I haven't worded this to reflect the huge advance this is but I'm sure time will speak volumes. 

Excited to say the least,
Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: I'm just a tease
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:28:04 AM »
I'm patiently waiting. How soon is this  "future" ?
This isn't another one of your "test" , now . is it ?

Ed
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:30:01 AM by edvaness »
Ed VanEss

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:32:43 AM »

Looking forward to this one Brett.   ;D

Greg
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 01:02:38 AM »
To be honest I'd be more interested in a version with year old bugs fixed rather than a fancy display. But hey... that's just me.  ;)

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 02:06:32 AM »
Hi, Brett

Sound's nice for sure.!!

Thanks for the Info, Chip

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 05:14:00 AM »
Very cool, thanks for sharing, Brett.

One question for you, do you know if these new versions be customizable in Scream 4?

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 06:28:23 AM »
Dave,
 Not Brett (Thank $%^& ;D ) but I will answer anyway as Bretts at his work today I think.
 Dont see why it wont be but as I dont have it here at the workshop I cant test, will do when I get home tonight and let you know.
 Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 06:32:12 AM »
Brett,
Will the recommended pc requirements change?

Will it work on an older pc?

All for improvements, but.....agree with Peter's comments. An improved display isn't
worth a hoot if something basic is faulted!

RICH

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 07:23:13 AM »
Peter, Rich, read the fine print.  ;)

It covers a lot of ground but the most noticeable is the tool path display.

I don't know what you guys are talking about in particular but I'm well aware their are some bugs. This is a step in the right direction on all fronts IMO. Does this mean it will be 100% bug free on release? Not at all, but definatley a step in the right direction.

Rich, Hopefully in the end the PC requirements will stay the same and possibly even lower but the changes should make it so that any system will run at maximum potential.

Brett
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:26:12 AM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 04:00:17 PM »
Hello Guys :)
I moved the Display code to a new threads ... Each display has its own thread and it is also sharing video memory (This seems to be helping a far bit on the number of Regens you need). Also The toolpath Regen is not needed most of the time.. I have made it so if you change a fixture offset you will see the toolpath move whatever is being done in that offset.. Cutter Comp will require a Regen Toolpath. BTW the bug Peter is talking about is one dead click on an MPG (Art has looked for this 2 times and not found it).. Hardly anything that will make you see lost steps on the machine.. what I am working on now is making it so if you have a large toolpath or if you move the toolpath it will not effect the movment. This was a much needed change with devices like the SS and so on.. Also I have take the update loop from 10 times a sec to 50 times a sec. So deveces like the SS feel much moe real time! Don't think it will help your MPG dead click Peter but to me that is something less imortant then stability and good operation.. In the end that IS what this update is all about!

I did put in a back ground and som other fun things.. but the list is very short for things that have been added..

So Peter, Other then the dead step on an MPG over ModBus what are the over a year long standing bugs that have you upset?

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com