Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:37:04 AM

Author Topic: Newbie needs help  (Read 13692 times)

BClemens

Re: Newbie needs help
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »
I have seen this. Mach apparently is zeroing on the last saved fixture position. The dodge for this is to start the program and immediately stop it, then regenerate the toolpath. Seems it then will zero correctly. Something to check carefully is that you are not attempting to zero and regenerate a toolpath while observing the machine position. Check where your DRO is set when zeroing the job.

Bill C.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 01:56:59 AM »
If you dont have Home switches then really there is no need to zero the machine coords by pressing the RefAll button. What you should be doing is jogging to where you want and then Zero the axis Offset (not the machine coords) by pressing the zero button at the side of each axis DRO.

If you want to pretend you have home switches so you can take advantage of the SoftLimits then when you first start Mach jog to the extreme negative of X and Y axis and positive of Z and press RefAll button then you can jog to where you want the Offset X Y and Z zero to be and press the Zero X Y and Z buttons to set your offset.
Hood
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 11:16:43 AM »
If you want to run more than 500 lines of code, then you must use sub-routines, and an editor, like Microsoft Word, to split your code into 500 line chunks. Word is best at this, becasue it automatically numbers the lines, and as you chop 450 - 500 off, it renumbers.

I did this on a 5000 line code for drill and milling a printed circuit board, and it worked a treat. The main prgram just called the 10 subroutines in order.

When you  feed it into mach 3 at the beginning, then, as Hood said, it goes through all the lines, and the subroutines, and paints a full picture.

A bit messy, but it works. Thank goodness I don't use long program.

Hello,
If you are willing to work on your code everytime to make it under 500 lines you are a better man then  I ;) . I think we are going to revisit the licensing, I am thinking rather then having a 500 line limit that we will make it time out. During the demo you will be able to run as many lines as you like. This I think would give people a better way to test the software and all it's features. In the end we would like users to buy a license not because we are looking for profit but because it is what pays for the servers  you are posting on and also the devlopment :) ... In the end I think Mach3 is a good value. We would like to make it so you can test the software but on the other hand it cost money to do all the work that we are doing so it will never be free. If Mach3 where Unsupported Freeware I would not be able to work on the code the way I am now (It is more then a ful time job).

You should show us what you are making with the Demo! I love to see what people are working on !

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 12:16:26 PM »
I would like to second Brian's comments above.
Mach represents such excellent value for money that if it is used for CNC then it should be purchased. (I regularly run code in excess of 250,000 lines splitting that into 500 line chunks would be mind numbing).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 01:05:18 PM »
Exactly Tweakie! If your so miserable you have to spend hours trying to figure out how to screw someone out of such a small amount of badly over due income for a program that is such a value in the first place your a sad individual.  ::)  The FREE demo is more than enough for users to decide weather it will be worth the cost.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

BClemens

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »
You're wasting your kisses, Brians' over on the Yahoo Group. Besides, looks like a time-out is definitely needed......

Moderators are explaining how to cheat and get by without purchasing the license then now we are going to allow an unlimited number of lines then just time out? ""I just made a program to re-register with another name and location - anyone want to buy that?"" Gets you full use of Mach3 without buying the license like current purchasers were suckered into!

IMHO, Wrong approach Brian. Also IMHO why not leave things as they are? I understood the entire prospect of having the license for Mach and what it meant not to have it. Don't undermine your old customers by shortcutting what we had to do and were honest enough to go ahead and do. There is no mystery about Mach3 and it's use.

Raise the license fee. I just bought it - it's a fricken' bargain at three times the price - as is!

Bill C.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 03:26:11 AM »
Hi Gerald,

We seem to have hijacked your thread over the license issue - sorry.

Have you now resolved the zero tool position on the work ?.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 07:22:39 AM »
Tweakie, yes I did get it figured out. Just trial and error is what it takes on my end. I read this forum about what other people did and then I will try it on my machine.  I did not mean to get everyone all excited about the mach license issue. Anyway, have to go cut some more wood.

Gerald

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 09:12:15 AM »
Gerald,

Please don't forget to post some pictures of the stuff you make.

Tweakie.
PEACE