Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:45:43 AM

Author Topic: What is your trade?  (Read 18295 times)

Re: What is your trade?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 10:17:58 PM »
JEEESH Brett !
And I thought you were just a regular ol' country boy.
I feel privileged and honored to have had the opportunity to actually meet you in person.
I'm impressed to say the least !
Bravo,
RC

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 10:43:11 PM »
LOL, Thanks RC. Your right, I'm just a regular ol' country boy, just been a busy one but I'm slowing down a little now.  :)

I forgot a few of things I'm really glad to have been a part of. I was also a PTO president, coached little league baseball for 3 years, assisted 2 teams one year, coached the allstars 2 years, micro soccer one year and was on the county's school improvement council (all of this was for my kids and others and trying to change what has been mentioned a few post back). I also did some substitute teaching for my high school auto mechanics teacher 3 or 4 years after I graduated when his health was failing him.

Brett 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 10:45:10 PM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 12:16:28 AM »
heycorey,

Always thought being a meteorologist would be a good job, you could get out of bed, look out of the window, see rain or snow or sun, then just call in your findings and go back to bed! It must be a cut-throat business 'cause everybody wants that job.

just kidding...

CNC work is rewarding....and keeps you thinking.

Bill C.

I'm afraid I just don't have the curves for meteorology.  Well ... not in the right places anyways.

Since someone else posted a picture or two ... here's one of my corral.  I sold Big Red awhile back, but still have the others.

Along with getting a little mill, I'm also getting certified in duracoating in the near future and will likely be getting certified as a Colt Armorer as well.  I'm thinking my little mill will come in handy on the gunsmithing side.
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 12:55:02 AM »
Brett ,

No one said you had to write a book.   ;D It took me half an hour to read it ,
and another 2 hours to read it to Britt .  :D
So , I guess you didn't work today . BUT it was nice to tell us all.   ;)

Thanks.
Ed
Ed VanEss

BClemens

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 07:01:57 AM »
Cars? Naw, I try to get over them! They're just transportation now but I keep up with the new stuff. Just bought my wife one of the new Mustang GT convertibles which struck my fancy (great car). C++ was tackled a number of years back and I use it quite often along with LabView at work and I'm still writing in Visual Basic. I have a degree in electronics but went off in other directions after serving in the Navy for six years. I'm still a kid at 61 the other day (26th).

Thanks for the opportunity to be modest about myself....

Looks like diversity is a trait for those of us interested in Mach3.

Bill C.

Brett, another of your talents must be typing! Interesting read...

Also, someone said to post a picture.....

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:23:29 PM by BClemens »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 09:41:21 AM »
Looks like diversity is a trait for those of us interested in Mach3.

Exactly Bill. A good group of level headed guys with plenty of common sense and the ability to do anything. Maybe we should be running the country? LOL Mach has such an appeal I think because it is a a nearly never ending learning process. It leads to so many things. I have allways thought that anyone can do anything they want to. Lots of "want to" here on this forum and that is just a persons nature.

Brett 
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

BClemens

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 11:42:18 AM »
I don't see how a person can even exist without a shop and some machine tools. It would be a dreary existence!

Bill C.
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
I agree.The first 9 months of my existance where pretty dreary indeed but once I
saw the light and found a cresent wrench  ;D

BClemens

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 11:54:53 AM »
Gee, I hope you don't consider that a machine... ;D

Bill C.

BClemens

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 12:06:49 PM »
Some days.....