Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:18:36 AM

Author Topic: newbie confused  (Read 12213 times)

Re: newbie confused
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 09:45:37 AM »
After taking some time off i have tried to get a grip of my problem, i have checked  just about everything i can think of and that was mentioned to try.

i keep going back to the MDI  moving the X axis +.500 and end up at .500+ - .002 now going in the minus -.500 i get approx. .750 + - .002 can this happen on the x axis, i have checked the motor wiring, plugs and attachment to the bob.

i have tried auto set pulse under settings/steps per unit if i can figure out the x axis the rest should be easy to correct.
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »
Do you have backlash compensation on?

If you dont have any noticable backlash, and you have the backlash compensation on, that would give you  the .75 instead of .5.

Another thing, that could give you that would be loosing steps, try lowering your acceleration and speed when tuning your motors.

Regards
Fernando
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »
After many hours of hair pulling and help from the forum, I finally got it !  turns out that two of my motor driver boards were bad.

called the company and sure enough they were bad got replacements while on vacation, installed them and ran a few test parts ...

many thanks to all who helped