Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:31:45 PM

Author Topic: My first attempt at a CNC build.  (Read 63631 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: My first attempt at a CNC build.
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 12:25:01 PM »
You have got it - the yellow flashing just lets you know the scale is not set to 1:1.

A free software you may be interested in is F-Engrave http://home.comcast.net/~sskroch/Fengrave/fengrave.html
It is good for both engraving and VCarving and it also allows the import of some types of DXF etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 03:36:45 PM »
I'll check it out. I just cut the train and it started out good but then jumped the track somewhere. It dropped about 2 centimeters and to the left about 2 cm. I was just cutting into foam with a homemade engraver tool. It was running very slow I assume because it was set up to cut into wood or something harder. I kicked up the speed to about as fast as I could and it stopped about a quarter of the way through. I restarted it and I think that's when it went wrong. I cut the Loony-toons Coyote and Roadrunner. It came out good. My tool is a little crude, I ground a point on a bolt. Waiting on the tools I ordered from ebay.
I found an older version of Turbo Cad so I'm playing with it a little, I think its Deluxe 14. It was cheap at a closeout bookstore.
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 01:42:50 PM »
I've got a short video made up, showing some cuts and construction. Plus a little Beethoven instead of motor noise. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqsQ-fLb01Q&feature=g-upl

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 02:28:11 AM »
Hi Jammer,

You don't owe me any credit - you did all that on your own and a fine machine Elmer is  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2012, 10:02:13 AM »
Had to give you some credit for your encouragement and all the ideas I got from your site.
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2012, 10:24:53 AM »
I thought that was a class act, that Tweak does have a lot of great ideas.

Good to see your machine is running and your happy with the outcome, that's what we all achieve.
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2012, 04:41:35 PM »
I've still got a couple bugs to work out and then I need to figure out the g-code.
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2013, 08:39:47 PM »
Ok, we've moved to Tennessee, back in February. My CNC has been in the storage locker until this week, I finally got it moved up to the house and set-up in the new garage. Someone bent one of the wire tracks, so I straightened it out and plugged it in. Other than not remembering how everything works or even my password for the CNC computer. Finally got it together and tested it out. Worked good so I cut out the scorpion and it looked great.
I did the scorpion in honor of my wife, about a month ago she had one in her pajama bottoms and freaked out :) She was cute and about an inch long, so I put her in a bottle. The scorpion, not my wife. HER because the next day she had about 50 babies on her back.  :o
Under black light she fluoresced green and her babies were purple.
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 09:41:45 AM »
Welcome to TN Jammer!  Great thread, I missed it somehow.

What part of the state are you in?  I'm near Memphis.  Born & raised in the city but got the heck out 20 yrs. ago & moved a little east to Collierville.  You sound pretty bright in the thread so I'm guessing you're in the middle or eastern part of the state. ;)
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 08:21:38 PM »
I'm near Chattanooga. Moved here from Ohio. Very old thread, my machine was a long time in coming together. 5 years of 60 to 80 hours a week on swing shift put a stop to most hobbies.