Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:28:37 PM

Author Topic: Newbie Needs Help!!!  (Read 20577 times)

Re: Newbie Needs Help!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 09:23:23 AM »
If you go to the diagnostics page what is your time in Int. dro reading?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 01:56:36 PM »
 Brian,

Good to see you back, has your wife delivered yet??

Time In Int dro is cycling very rapidly between 8.0 and 9.2 on the dedicated MACH3 computer, it is an older PII 750. Not absolutely sure of decimal settings as the cycling is very fast. Also installed MACH3 on my internet computer (2.4 cpu)  to make sure the dedicated computer wasn't the problem, it is cycling between 3.5 and 5.0.

Another question I do not have a handle on yet is "enable," know what it's for, it's working on my TSTEP25 drivers, my interface board hardwires it to pin 14 on the parallel port. Have tried configuring it on the Ports and pins screen, at which time the red led show up on the diag screen under enable. But I can't find nor understand how MACH3 controls it or enables the drivers when I run a program therefore I removed configuration so red led's would disappear.

Glen,

The control offlne does not have a check mark.

aggie
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 02:04:06 PM »
No baby yet...

Well I have good news, your driver is running good :) You shoudl be getting steps out of the printer port at this point... If you send me your XML I will test it here and tell you what it going on.
Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 02:09:53 PM »
Hood,

When I jog back and forth the votage stays constant at 4.248 volts , strange to me is that it doesn't deviate even a thousandth of a volt??

aggie
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 02:11:35 PM »
Brain, Need a little help, what is a XLM?

Hood

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2006, 02:14:43 PM »
well I am certainly no expert but mine goes from 0v to 4.98v on each of the axis direction pins, sounds like your port is not working properly. Just out of curiosity are you measuring on the port itself or at the end of a cable? if its the cable is it possible you may not have a straight through cable?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 02:19:08 PM by Hood »

Hood

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 02:15:38 PM »
you will find the XML file in the Mach directory, if you are using the Mach3Mill profile that is the xml you want to send.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 02:23:52 PM »
Brian,

Ignor the file I just sent you. Dawned on me after I sent it that it was from my "internet" computer, want to send you the one from my dedicated computer. Will have to transfer to disc and resend.
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »
I found your problem :)

You need to change your port number to 1 on each one of the pins.. after I did that I could see the LEDs changing!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 09:08:09 PM »
Brian.

Great call on the port number, I was using tunnel vision, set the pin numbers but didn't think about going to end of row and setting port.

Now if you can get me some help on the enable question (see 11:56:36 am post) as I'm sure that needs an answer before any steppers turn??

aggie