Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:24:05 AM

Author Topic: Learn the truth about BobCAD-CAM  (Read 94364 times)

Re: Learn the truth about BobCAD-CAM
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »
Thanks Al.  It worked just fine.  I did not understand that I needed to click OK with the mouse then withing the dialog box.  As soon as I watched the video a couple of times I got it.  Thanks so much.

Hank
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 04:13:57 PM »
I am glad that I could help.  If you want to watch other videos of mine check out my youtube page.   http://www.youtube.com/user/Depoalo

If there are any other questions please let me know. 
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »
Recently I took a class on BobCad V25 with Sorin, (the guy with a accent :). He showed us how to delete some icons and move others where they would be more handy like he has his in the "Wagon Wheel" tutorial. I forgot how to do this.
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 03:11:39 PM »
Go to Preferences> Customize

From here you can drag icons off tool bars or pick commands to add to tool bars. 

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »
 Aldepoalo
This V25 is messed up in my computer. It will run good in the simulation but not in Mach3, 4th axis only. Also the top menu bar with File, Edit, and all the stuff on that line + help is gone now I can't even use the help, maybe I wore it out. Can you help me? I can not afford the the 1 year thing with support from BobCad.
Thank you Jerry Honkanen
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 11:28:49 AM »
It sounds like you have 2 issues going on.

1)  Install problems, did you install a full version or just register the demo copy.  The other issue might be your computer specs.

2)  Post processors,  you may not be running the correct post, or have your machine definition setup correct. 

The help system we use is on line, so you can access it from anywhere....

http://www.bobcad.com/components/webhelp/BobCADCAMV25/en/BobCADCAM_V25_Help_System.htm#Introduction_and_Setup/Introduction.htm

Please call me so I can email you a new install and talk about your options. 

Al

866-408-3226
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 10:53:51 PM »
Ok i have the software,V25Pro and V24pro mill with lathe and nesting, i am going to give you a try ,i need a post for MACH 3 lathe i was referred to you and this thread from another member of the Mach support forum .
I need it in inches with diameter mode ,i could not find a post to work that came from Bobcad the closest i could come up with was the standard Fanuc lathe post but it still will not work.
I have recently converted my 12x36 lathe to cnc with servos and need to get it going the only way i can use it now is with the Mach wizards.

Thank You
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 02:12:24 AM »
I have BobCad ver 25 4 axes with Mach3. I want to build a computer that is top of the line to run these programs.  What specs would be the best as in graphics, processor and memory
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »
I'm having trouble with simulation not representing what is machined. I've been dealing with tech support and have been told that the program is operating correctly. Maybe I am expecting too much from this program, but it seems to make sense that the simulation should show the actual tool path that the CNC runs. I was told that the lower right fillet had bad geometry which created the G-code error. And, that if I want to verify the G-code I need to buy more software.

I don't mind there being geometry problems as long as I know about them first. And why would only one of the fillets have a problem?

I would appreciate any advice, input or experience with this.

I am running V25 build #895.

The fillets were created using the fillet tool in Solid Works.

I opened the part in BobCAD and extracted the geometry, then projected the profile to a plane.

Here is the toolpath and toolpath geometry.

Here is the simulation. It looks good here so I ran the part.

This is what was machined.

The pictures above show the rough operation. The cleanup did the same thing. Here is the cleanup G-code problem:
N892 G02 X8.44 Y-2.7996 I-.125 J0. <- this line makes the extra cutout. This should not be here.
N894 X8.1181 Y-3.1198 I-.3219 J.0016 <- this is the correct fillet
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:05:44 PM by makeapart »
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2013, 05:13:39 PM »
I would want to look at the part file.  It looks like it could be an issue with the geometry.