Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:17:55 AM

Author Topic: Learn the truth about BobCAD-CAM  (Read 94345 times)

Re: Learn the truth about BobCAD-CAM
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 06:17:03 PM »
That's what tech support said too. Which is fine. But, it should have shown up in the simulation run. Had I seen it there, I would have fixed it (which I eventually did and re-ran the part) and just moved on to the next setups.
Tech support has the file, ticket #NGZ-748-88752

DISCLAIMER: I feel that I went as far with tech support as possible and wanted to get some users experience. I've had a lot of success with BobCAD and am not trying to talk bad about the program.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:21:17 PM by makeapart »
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »
It turned out that there was an extra line of code being created because of a bad tangential relationship between the radii and the straight line. The simulator and several back plot programs didn't have a problem with that extra line and ran the profile correctly. For some reason my machine had an issue with that extra line and instead of making a the tiny little move it ran a circle. I wasn't able to determine how the bad relationship was created.

In BobCAD I used the "Make Arcs Tangential" feature and set the minimum tolerance to .0001". After re-posting, the extra line of code was gone. I just need to remember to do that on parts from now on.

Offline cp

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »
I'm using V23.
All I want to do is machine a hemisphere at the bottom of a parallel bore. Just to clarify, it's actually combustion chambers in a cylinder head. There's a 70mm dia bore x 6mm deep with a partial hemisphere at the bottom giving a total depth of 28mm. I can model it and I can generate tool paths. What I can't do is get the same amount of step over all along the profile. I'm using a 12mm ball endmill. If I choose a step down of say 0.4mm the finish is perfect near the top of the rad but as the rad gets shallower the 0.4 step down puts the next cut too far along the profile. What I want is a constant stepover along the whole profile. I've tried a spiral path but it makes a mess of the vertical sides of the bore.
Any ideas?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 01:31:39 PM »
Post a IGES model of the part so we can see just what you are trying to make.

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »
Just started to learn BobCad V25. I come from a mastercam back ground and so far I'm impressed with the product given the price. One thing I'm having trouble with is when I import a file (STEP, Sat) It won't let me select any entities to create a tool path. It just highlights the whole solid. Do I need to import it a different way or is it a problem with the way our CAD guy is exporting it.
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 01:24:26 AM »
One of the first things I do when I import a part is create a new layer called 'Lines'. In that layer I extract all from solid (It might be extract all edges or something like that).

If there is a specific profile that I am working on, I will create a layer named after whatever profile that I am working on. Then in that layer I create a plane somewhere in space above or below the part (wherever it makes sense), then I extract the specific lines of the profile to that plan. That feature is in Other -> Extract to Plane (or something similar).

I wrote this form memory so hopefully I got the names of the features correct.

I hope this helps!
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2013, 04:09:59 PM »
I'll give that a try next week, thanks for the tip.
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2013, 06:43:26 PM »
I have never got Predator to load for Mach 3/ The template options don't have mach 3 like bobCad does. I called in and of course every one is busy and will call me back. . . (2 weeks ago ) I like many think You people could convert 75% of the sales staf to tecks and maybe get something done.
I have BobCad V25 and licenced Mach 3 also
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2014, 06:09:43 AM »
You’ve heard about BobCAD CAM, but have you seen the software in action?
Participate in this special on line demonstration and learn the truth about world’s most powerful, affordable CAD CAM system.

This presentation will be hosted by Cody Sheppard, where he will walk you through 2D and 3D programming examples.  Learn about features and benefits BobCAD CAM offers.

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/261745984

If you have any questions or comments about participating in this event please feel free to contact me.

Al DePoalo
BobCAM Team Leader
866-408-3226 X147
  :)

Hi Al, I use Bob CAD CAM for 3axis and 2 Axis Lathe on Mach3 I am very impressed with the ability to modify the post processor to tweak the Mach3 Turn G-Code and have now produced a new Mach 3 Turn Post processor that works perfectly on my newly converted CNC Sieg SC2 Lathe.  I have never needed the technical support as I find the application very easy to use once you have your head engaged with the way it works. By the way, in the last 3 years of using V24 I have only had 2 phone calls in relation to sales. Personally I do not find that intrusive or a problem. 8)