Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:29:33 AM

Author Topic: MAXNC10CL and MACH3 issues  (Read 24906 times)

Re: MAXNC10CL and MACH3 issues
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2006, 02:53:38 PM »
Yes pin 10 was always  mandatory.  I pulled out the PICs they had on the board, cut all traces in and out and hooked up my own board over the weekend.  I wrote a piece of test code to sort of debug some conditions.  One was I wrote it to shutdown the processor if the EncoderCounter was less than the XMotorCounter.   One counts up/down for every output to the motor, the other counts up/down the encoder, then compares on every iteration.   Since I was still getting the code right for couting the encoder, it was losing a pulse once in a while, and it would shut down the processor if I jogged back and forth a few times.  On shutdown, the processor would stop all outputs including PWM to the motor, so it was obvious according to the lack of high pitch sound that it had stipped,  This is exactly what was going on before that was happening on a regular basis with their processors that drove me to replace them with my own,   Like I mentioned before, Mach3 was still sending it pulses, but the controlled for an axis, usually X, would stop running.  Sometimes it was Y or Z, but mostly X.

Almost always on Ref home, X would stop and need rebooting the machine.  I was usually REF homing at 30%, but had tried others as well.  There was something very specific with the Ref home feature that my machine did not like, especially X.  It would almost always make  grinding sound or gurgling sound as it homed, then in many cases pop the breaker as it either went home, or right after.  If it didn't pop the mahcines breaker, it would stop working after homing, and need resetting.  One thing I notice is that unless the encoder cbale is sheilded, you can get false triggers.  I am just guessing that maybe some motor spikes might have been getting in their encoder lines, which would be a very good explanation.

Nonetheless, I am almost done with my code using step and direction.   There are a few outputs left on the processor and I'd like to send those back to the PC for future use.  I think Estop is one  good use, if a motor's encoder doesn't move enough pulses, it will shut down the processor and hit the estop.  Maybe someone has some suggestions on other things to try as well. I am having boards made very to reflect the new processor and sense circuitry.  Once I get this all dialed in I think it will be a great controller.  There's nothing better than having your own boards, with your own code to mod as needed,

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 03:26:09 PM by originator »
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 09:47:44 AM »
Hi
I too need to get my maxnc10 cl up and running but am bogged down. Where can I find the FTP site quoted that has the *.XML files for download. Cant see any links on the page or drop down menus to take me there. 

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 10:02:09 AM »
Hi:

Here are the Max files I have... The FTP is not online, but shoudl be soon. I cant seem to find a xml for the maxcl.. though I know Ive seen one,
Ill keep looking..

Art
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 11:13:04 AM »
Thanks Art
I will try the early *.xml file on the yahoo site destined for Mach2 and see how i get on.
Many thanks
Clive
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 10:28:09 AM »
I have just bought one CNC machine in 2001 of Maxnc Company. Trademark is MAXNC 10 CL -B. this machine has 4 pivots and i lost software and documentation of this machine. I am very appreciated If any body know it and send it to me or guide me how to install the parameter for MAXNC 10 machine then this machine can be run by mm system.

As I read from some forums that we can use Mach3 to run MAXNC 10 machine however I do not know how to set up all parameters to run mm system. Pls guide me in details to fill  all parameter  in Mach3 to control MAXNC 10 CL -B
Thanks for your kind supports
email : duongym@gmail.com