Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 09:09:00 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys .M3p installation  (Read 9036 times)

Pokeys .M3p installation
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:34:19 AM »
Hi, I have a Pokeys board working fine (eventualy) but am having difficulty instaslling the Plug in .M3p file into Mach3. I downloaded it and copied the file into the Mach 3 folder as advised but when I click on it Windows tells me it cannot read the file. What am I doing wrong ?.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeys .M3p installation
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 04:06:10 PM »
Afraid I have never had that problem, I have attached the dll, unzip to your plugins folder and see if you can then enable it via the Plugins Config in Mach.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 04:41:01 AM »
Thanks for the reply.I did a fresh install of Mach3 and this cured the problem,I now have plugin available.I just need to learn how to control Mach3 with the Pokeys.Has anyone written a step by step example on how to do this ?.I find the instructions supplied with Pokeys confusing.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 04:57:02 AM »
Firt you need to enable the plugin from the Config menu then Config Plugins. You will then need to restart Mach, after you have done that you will see the diagnostics page for the PoKeys from the Operator menu.
 To set up a function you just do as you would normally with the parallel port except for the Port number you use 10, the pin number is whichever one you are using on the PoKeys.
 To set up the PoKeys you need to asign the different pins you are wanting to use in the software that comes with the PoKeys, for example if you want to use Pin 18 of the PoKeys for an input then you asign it in the PoKeys software and then send to device to save it. You can then set up that input in Mach.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 05:32:35 AM »
Thanks  Hood, I have actually asigned a switch from Pokeys emulating the right cursor key so I can drive the X axis with it.What I need to know is how do I get it to replace say the start key in Mach 3.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 06:21:53 AM »
You would either have to use a Brain to look at that input or the easiest way would be to set it up as an OEM trigger in ports and Pins  then from the Config menu choose System Hotkeys and put the OEM number in the box of the trigger you have chosen. There is a list of OEM codes in a thread at the top of the forum, for Start it is 1000.

Hood

Edit
 meant to say the list is in a sticky at the top of the General forum.  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6657.0.html
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 08:02:48 AM by Hood »
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 08:24:38 AM »
Hi ,I am sorry if I appear thick.In Pokeys I have set a digital input(in this case 15)Do I have to assign any mapping to this?.In Mach3 I have set in ports and pins OEM 1 input to port 10 pin 15,active low.Do I have to set the hot key on this page (it won't let me write a number in).In system hotkeys/external buttons I have written 100(start button)do I need to do anything else?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 08:40:55 AM »
This is how you set it up, I think you have it right except it should be 1000 for Start rather than the 100 you have. You can check in the Pokeys Diagnostic screen that the PoKeys is sending the signal to Mach when you press the button, you will see the state change.
Hood
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 08:44:49 AM by Hood »
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 09:15:25 AM »
I have done this and I am getting no response from the Pokeys diagnostics in Mach.I can assign a keyboard key to Pokeys so I know that is working. By assigning a digital input to pin 15 on the Pokeys (is this all I have to do to get it talking to the outside world ?) I am getting  a high to low transition when pressing the switch in the Pokeys I/O check.I have set up Mach3 as you say.This is a new instalation of mach3 so it should be OK.I must have something fundamentaly wrong but have no idea where to start looking.Just checked, yes the plug in is turned on.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 09:49:43 AM »
Can you attach your xml and I will look and see if there is a problem in your setup. You will have to copy it to the desktop and then rename it to biggles.xml for the forum to accept.
Hood