Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:02:49 AM

Author Topic: Reinstalling  (Read 8174 times)

Reinstalling
« on: December 30, 2008, 12:28:13 AM »
I am unable to get Mach3 to operate the motors and am worried that I may not have installed the driver, or corrupted the program or....

When reinstalling Mach3, do I need to do any uninstalling or anything?  Or do I just install the program and check the install driver box?

Thanks much...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Reinstalling
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 02:55:26 AM »
No uninstall needed, just run the exe and you should be fine. It is always advisable to have a backup copy of your xml file and any custom files that you have but other than that nothing special needs to be done. From your description it seems you are installing with an older version of Mach as the new installer is a lot different.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 01:53:03 PM »
I am starting from scratch to learn cnc for a retirement hobby.  So I am building and now testing the first controller on  Dell Inspiron 530 I plan to dedicate to the project.  Anyway I was having trouble getting any response out of the computer so decided to start over with the demo software by uninstalling with the "uninstall Mach" and delete the Mach driver manually.

Now even after downloading the demo again or reusing the original download the Mach3 driver does not reappear and driver test says it cannot sense it.

Besides being stuck in my project I am wondering what would happen if I went ahead and purchased the software?

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »
When you are installing are you definitely choosing to install the port driver?
Have a look in cevice manager and see if the pulse engine is there.
Look in the Mach3 folder and double click on the OrdinaryDriver.dat and see if that helps, if not then try the SpecialDriver.dat, if not then go back to the ordinary.
Not sure on the specs of your computer but you may need to do the optimisation steps which are outlined on the downloads page.

A licence will not help you if you are having issues like that.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »
Vista version is the Basic home service pack  32 bit.

I am definitely choosing to install the port driver, the pulse engine is not in device manager.
When I use the add hardware control panel it appears to locate the driver file to install in a file called "Mach X Pulsing Engines". After you click NEXT a screen appears in which the sole entry is Mach 3 driver.   I select that , enter NEXT and the Hardware to install: Mach3 driver appears. When you click NEXT  a very brief screen appears which I cannot catch visually and then the next screen says The following hardware not installed: Mach3 Driver
An error occurred during installation of this device. The system cannot find the file specified.

Upon checking the device manager control panel there is no driver/pulsing engine in any of the file folders.

This is from the third download.  In retrospect the initial download and memory override reg  appears to have worked flawlessly. 

The big mystery to me is why a second attempt is seeming to be impossible.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 04:21:34 PM »
Ah now Vista, well thats a whole new ball game. I have never used it as I hate it for absolutely anything I use a computer for and personally would never use it for Mach. There are quite a few using Vista but if I remember they had issues with the driver not installing properly. Might be an idea to search in the Vista part of the forum.
Hood