Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:30:34 PM

Author Topic: Posting G Code from Lazy Cam  (Read 4133 times)

Posting G Code from Lazy Cam
« on: December 28, 2008, 05:19:37 PM »
I am new to the forum and the reason I joined was to get help with a Lazy Cam posting problem I have.  I recently purchased a CNC Engraver from a shyster E Bayer.  The engraver came with Mach3 CNC and Lazy Cam.  I've never done CNC but being somewhat technical I thought I could pick it up enough to at least engrave some plastic placards.  My problem is that I imported a simple Autocad.dxf file of a rectangle and used Lazy Cam to add four letters of text.  I then posted the file to Mach 3.  The engraver starts engraving beautifully then just stops part way into the third letter.  When I examined the G code I noticed not all of the code posted.  I tried this numerous times with the same result each time.  Everything seems to be in place in Lazy Cam but the posting truncates the file.  I just read a forum response that implied that the version of Lazy Cam I have may be a trial version and the posting is stopping at 50 lines.  Is this my problem?  Thanks for any feedback.

Mike

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Posting G Code from Lazy Cam
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 07:38:06 PM »
Mike,
Start Mach3 and then HELP> About Mach 3 CNC Controler .....and what does it say in the box?
I may be wrong, but thought an unregistered version of Mach is limited to more than 50 lines or so of code.
If it's a trial version definitely can be your problem.
RICH
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 09:25:44 PM »
Rich,

You were right on.  Mach3 is accepting exactly 50 lines of code.  Just checked my versions of Mach3 and Lazy Cam.  Mach 3 is running a demo version, Version R2.63.  Lazy Cam does not state that it is a demo version.  It is version 2.61.  Guess I need to order some software.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 12:03:38 AM »
MACH woud be a good choice, you won't be sorry, get a LOT for the money, that's my opinion. It will be the foundation for other software should you desire something specific but take your time on that stuff.
RICH
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 08:25:13 AM »
Thanks Rich.  I'll purchase this morning.

Mike