Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:45:49 AM

Author Topic: Denford Micromill 2000, Denford Microlathe  (Read 16254 times)

Re: Denford Micromill 2000, Denford Microlathe
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 10:13:50 PM »
Thanks for the info, I was thinking the same thing, Denford is sort of a pain in the butt to deal with, where did you buy the components to convert yours? Thanks

Offline CT

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 03:05:26 PM »
If you go to pmdx.com, Steve is the guy that helped me pick out what I needed: PMDX-122 breakout board and 3- PMDX-150 driver boards which I think are now discontinued (I just found out). The transformer in my mill put out voltages we able to rectify to meet the requirements of his boards. A friend and I built a couple of regulators for that purpose. You will more than likely need to do the same thing if you have a tap off the transformer which could work. If anyone is going to CFever, he is there usually.
I removed their (Denford's) boards from the mounting plate and was able to mount all the new boards on it very neatly, if you do not have a schematic for the machine, you will need get one and/or trace out each circuit for which they apply: E-Stop, door switch, limit switches, spindle speed board etc. I may have a schematic from mine but, it may be a little different according to the pic's. Denford sent me one! Anyway, you may seek help from a friend if you are not strong in that department as I did.
BTW, I will be displaying at CF as well as my friend who helped me. I will be at the table where "Duesy" is being displayed , not mine but another friend for the ease of locating me. Good Luck! Colin

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 05:59:33 AM »
From what i can see in some pictures of the Micromill it is nothing more than a Sherline with steppers put in an enclosure.
I would suggest you modify the existing or make a new controller. Should be able to reuse most components, but see what the power supply is capable of and purchase new drives.
RICH